Author Topic: [v1.7] "Minimize to System Tray" behavior  (Read 2563 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
[v1.7] "Minimize to System Tray" behavior
« on: April 02, 2018, 10:42:05 AM »
When "Minimize to System Tray" is checked, and the option is confirmed with "OK", VoiceAttack will create a system tray icon and remove itself from the taskbar.
If the window is minimized and restored, the taskbar entry will not reappear.

However, when VoiceAttack subsequently starts with the option enabled, the taskbar entry will be present whenever the window is(even after minimizing and restoring).

Opening the options and clicking "OK" while the "Minimize to System Tray" option is still checked will again remove the "VoiceAttack" entry from the taskbar.

I observed this in v1.6.8(the oldest I tested), v1.6.9 and v1.7, on my physical machine, a Windows 7 VM, and a Windows 10 VM.

EDIT: Fixed in v1.7.0.2
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 07:26:21 AM by Pfeil »

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
Re: [v1.7] "Minimize to System Tray" behavior
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 03:47:02 PM »
Perhaps go check out the Universal Show Minimize VA profile I posted in the Inline Functions section. I believe this behavior has something to do with the switch to minimizing to tray. When that happens I believe the window handle changes, which may cause issues.

IIRC I saw the behavior you're describing when I was developing the profile, but I assumed the behavior was the result of how I was searching for and manipulating VA via its window handle.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 05:01:23 PM »
Ok, I see it.  It's fixed now and everybody can go home.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 07:41:11 PM »
It's fixed now and everybody can go home.

Thanks, Gary ;)