Author Topic: Probably an old question, but new to forum .......  (Read 5367 times)

justdave2018

Probably an old question, but new to forum .......
« on: January 03, 2018, 01:27:20 PM »
I am trying to get Voice Attack to work in Elite Dangerous, using a Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X flight stick.
The profile I'm using is Ripley Galactic 4.1.
I'm getting a response to SOME commands, but not all/many.
I have tried the advice that usually comes up with a search, but thought that I would try the font-of-all-knowledge, before throwing everything out of the window in frustration!!!
Help! :-[

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Probably an old question, but new to forum .......
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 12:21:20 PM »
When you say "response", are you referring to the profile playing a sound file, or VoiceAttack actually recognizing which command you're speaking?

In case of the latter, have you had a look at this topic(it's relatively new)?

justdave2018

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 06:02:12 AM »
Well, Pfeil, interestingly, I've noticed that I don't get any sound files being played by the profile either.
But what I meant was that when I try to use VA in Elite Dangerous, only SOME of the commands I give actually cause anything to happen.
For example:-
Boost Engine works, as does Balance Power, Camera, Cargo Scoop, Comms Panel, Lights and Weapons and a few others.
Landing Gear, Open Map, UI Panel, Launch, Deploy Hard Points, Decrease/Increase Throttle and MOST of the other commands have no effect.
Slow/Full Astern will cause my left UI panel to open/close, Slow/Full Ahead will cause my right UI panel to open/close.
I have SOME competency with things computerish, but I'm really not sure on where to start looking for answers to this puzzle :(

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 08:35:55 PM »
Ah. From what I can see the last update to that profile was 2016-03-06(nearly two years ago), perhaps the issue stems from changes to Elite: Dangerous, which the profile wasn't adjusted for.

You can either figure out what has changed, and experiment with fixes to the profile you have, or use a different profile that is up-to-date(I don't have experience with their products myself, but as far as I'm aware HCS Voice Packs include updates in the price).

Sounds do work fine on my machine though. Make sure the "Ripley Galactic" folder that comes with the profile is inside VoiceAttack's "Sounds" folder.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 12:48:40 AM »
HCS do include updates in the price.

justdave2018

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 03:25:21 PM »

Sounds do work fine on my machine though. Make sure the "Ripley Galactic" folder that comes with the profile is inside VoiceAttack's "Sounds" folder.

Is that the top level folder? In the VA sounds directory, I have:-

C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\Ripley-Galactic-KICS-4.1

Which contains a folder called Ripley Galactic & Ripley Galactic KICS 4.1-Profile (which is a HTML file) and also a file called Ripley-Galactic-KICS-4.1.vap (which I believe is the actual profile.
But ALSO contains a directory structure :-     

\Ripley Galactic\KICS 4\Audio
and two folders, Audio & Music.
Music contains M3U Audio Playlist (.m3u) files and
Audio contains MPEG Layer 3 Audio (.mp3) files

Does this look correct?
I'm beginning to be suspicious of the Ripley profile :)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 03:56:10 PM »
That is incorrect; The "Ripley Galactic" folder needs to be inside the "Sounds" folder.

I.E.
VoiceAttack
-Sounds
--Ripley Galactic
---KICS 4
----Audio
----Music

The other files don't matter to VoiceAttack itself once the .vap has been imported.

justdave2018

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 04:09:44 AM »
That is incorrect; The "Ripley Galactic" folder needs to be inside the "Sounds" folder.

I.E.
VoiceAttack
-Sounds
--Ripley Galactic
---KICS 4
----Audio
----Music

The other files don't matter to VoiceAttack itself once the .vap has been imported.

AWESOME!! Now I have responses  :D. I will check later to see if changing the location of that folder has ALSO enabled ALL the commands to be actioned now :)
Thanks for your help Pfeil  8)