Author Topic: Joystick states and Thrustmaster Warthog  (Read 6026 times)

szeliga90

Joystick states and Thrustmaster Warthog
« on: June 04, 2016, 09:07:26 AM »
Hello

I planning to buy a new joystick, I thinking about Thrustmaster Warthog. I've checked out some reviews and in one of the comments I've found something like 'It doesn't like HTML code'(whatever that means, as post is quite old and it doesn't seem to refer to anything). I am not a coder and I do not know how exactly VA working, but whenever I open .vap file it look for me like HTML :)

So.... does joystick 'State Tokes" working without any problems with Thrustmaster Warthog? Has anyone tried?  I though that would be wise to ask before I gonna spent 400 for Hotas and pedals. Currently, I using X52Pro and with joystick State Tokes possibilities are nearly infinite, VA is just GREAT :) Without that option I wouldn't even want to use any joystick.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 09:19:02 AM by szeliga90 »

rndsum

Re: Joystick states and Thrustmaster Warthog
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 06:50:16 AM »
The .VAP is not html it's Garry code as someone else said. It's loosely XML though 100% compliant with itself.

That said VoiceAttack will simulate most if not all button codes I don't have a HOTAS so I can't say it'll handle it though I think you can reprogram the Warthog to shift/state change off a keyboard combination so if it fails to handle a button you should be able to do it that way.

I could be wrong. I found TARGET the thrustmaster software to be harder to get into than a hot tub full of leeches, though I a lot of people swear by it, especially HOTAS enthusiast. I just use windows drivers on my dual TM 16000's though and am happy. Should get around to mapping some of it through VoiceAttack myself just for the experience.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=3&pid=311&cid=5 can try it out there.

Humpster

Re: Joystick states and Thrustmaster Warthog
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 11:35:58 AM »
Have a Warthog, Running VA on Win 1064Bit no problems. HTH