Author Topic: Just a suggestion  (Read 3035 times)

Fenestrate

Just a suggestion
« on: December 17, 2017, 10:02:18 PM »
Ok, it's been a while since I visited your site. Just an fyi, I do tell everyone in the games I plaY how much I enjoy using voice attack.

That said, what I wish we had...or maybe we do...is an, er, uber profile. By that I mean a profile that contains commands that are universal. For instance, say I have a command to open notepad or email or whatever, right now I have to enter that command in every profile I have. I would really like to enter that just once and be done with it.

Thinking on it now....<sigh> ... I do use the HCS packs for Elite. Those are very complicated. No way I would know if my 'uber' command interfered with one of them.

Oh well. Just an idea. Still, nice to do  a drive-by hi and how are you doing? I am still loving your program and use it daily. And not just in the HCS products though those are fun too.

arg. I'm just trying to say Merry Christmas and may there be no coal in your stocking. :D

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Just a suggestion
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 12:58:42 AM »
You can include any number of profiles into another profile:

Click , click , click the "..." button next to "Include commands from other profiles", click the "+" button, select a profile from the dropdown, click "OK", click "OK", click "OK", click "Done".

Any commands from the profile(s) you've included will be available; If a command in an included profile has a command phrase that matches one in the active profile, the one in the active profile will take priority.

You can also create a chain of profiles, I.E. include a profile into a profile that's included into another profile, and so on(Mainly noting this so it won't happen by accident).

EDIT: Fixed image links
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:49:47 PM by Pfeil »

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 07:40:12 AM »
Pfeil: Huh on the "include profile chain". The last time i tried that with VA (since Gary introduced the new method of including), i found that it didn't work.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 09:38:32 AM »
Ya... the, 'chained' thing has been done away with.  That was part of the old way of doing it.  You'll have to explicitly indicate the profiles to, 'include'.  (At least, I *think* that is right... not at my PC right now).

On a side note, I may be going to introduce the concept of, 'global' profiles into VoiceAttack.  It would work exactly like the profile, 'includes' at the profile level (stacked, prioritized), and would be overridden by any profile-level includes.  I have long indicated that I loathe the concept of global profiles (my mantra is always, 'global is always great, right up until you don't want it to be'), but now that it's implemented at the profile level, the user would then have a choice.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 12:53:38 PM »
Ya... the, 'chained' thing has been done away with.  That was part of the old way of doing it.

So many things to keep track of, it slipped my mind. Apologies.