Author Topic: ETS2-ATS Command help for a beginner  (Read 2538 times)

Meridian

ETS2-ATS Command help for a beginner
« on: November 20, 2017, 01:17:07 PM »
I want to set up a command to toggle gear box modes, from automatic to sequential using the "Z" key and then to say what mode it's in. But I have no idea how. Even after reading through the help and the forums I'm still lost. Never been good at languages, verbal or computer. Age and poor memory retention has me beat. Could someone please give me a simple set of instructions that I can follow. Thanks.

Meridian

Re: ETS2-ATS Command help for a beginner
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 07:00:48 PM »
I've been messing around just to see if I can get the hang of this. This is what I have atm.

Begin Boolean Compare : [ets2gearboxmode] Does Not Equal True
    Execute command, 'Gear Box Switch' (and wait until it completes)
    Say, 'auto gear box selected'
    Set Boolean [ets2gearboxmode] to True
Else
    Execute command, 'Gear Box Switch' (and wait until it completes)
    Say, 'sequential gear box selected'
    Set Boolean [ets2gearboxmode] to False
End Condition

Did I do anything wrong with that command? is there another way it can be done?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: ETS2-ATS Command help for a beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 07:23:36 PM »
What you have looks good. There's not much to optimize here, you're pretty much using the ideal components to make up your command.

Obviously this is asynchronous, in the sense that the game state and VoiceAttack's state are independent and can get out of sync, but without writing a custom plugin for ETS2/ATS(which requires C++) to try and get that data from the game(if that's even possible, having a quick look it seems to only communicate the current gear, not the mode as such) this is as good as it gets.