Author Topic: Set Interact Buttons on Multiple Joysticks  (Read 4927 times)

RCflyer

Set Interact Buttons on Multiple Joysticks
« on: September 04, 2017, 08:35:41 AM »
I use a joystick or a yoke, depending on what I am flying.  I would like to be able to assign an interact button for VA on both the joystick and the yoke, and, have VA remember those buttons.

Please consider this modification.

Regards,

Danny

ericwi

Re: Set Interact Buttons on Multiple Joysticks
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 06:09:09 PM »
Good suggestion. I found a work around is just to duplicate the command and name it slightly different for the 2nd stick. Only down side is that it makes a longer list of commands.

Shrike

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:04:06 PM »
I think the OP is asking for multiple sticks to be enabled for recognition for hotkey binding.

I would like this as well. DCS uses a 4 way hat switch for radio (3 directions being used) and at the moment we can only bind one button to the hotkey to start/stop etc VA listening. It would be great to allow several joystick buttons to be recognised as hotkeys with corresponding tags in the profile code, that way the code could tell if I clicked VHF1, UHF or VHF2 for example.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 08:45:20 PM »
Since most folks only need at most one joystick button/keyboard key/mouse button, there's only one listed in the options.  However, you can make your own commands that do the same thing.  You can have a button that starts listening, another that stops listening, listen (or not) while the button is held down or toggle listening with one button.  Attached is a quick sample, made with joystick buttons 1-4 for the various conditions.  Just whipped it up quickly... you can modify to suit and then, 'include' it with the profiles you need to incorporate.

terrydew

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 06:54:56 AM »
Since most folks only need at most one joystick button/keyboard key/mouse button, there's only one listed in the options.  However, you can make your own commands that do the same thing.  You can have a button that starts listening, another that stops listening, listen (or not) while the button is held down or toggle listening with one button.  Attached is a quick sample, made with joystick buttons 1-4 for the various conditions.  Just whipped it up quickly... you can modify to suit and then, 'include' it with the profiles you need to incorporate.

Thanks. That was very helpful. How about the case where you have a stick, a yoke and racing steering wheels?

Terry