Author Topic: [[critical ]] after while initiating a command closes VA with not warnings!  (Read 7692 times)

axonMagnus

this issue has been happening with the 2 betas, i tried deleting my voice recognition profile and starting again with a new one it didn't , the issue is still happening. i push the VA listen to me or a macro for VA and it just closes its self :(

[[ critical ]]

Gary

• Administrator
Hi, there.

Very strange indeed.  Is it possible for you to check in the VoiceAttack installation folder and see if a VoiceAttackFault.txt file exists, and if it does, will you send it over to support@voiceattack.com?

Have you tried the full release to see if the problem exists there?  Also, what are your settings for, 'push to listen'?

axonMagnus

Greetings sir , thank you very much for the prompt responce :) am now emailing you the [VoiceAttack.txt] file :)

My settings for push to listen  is [pause] key , just hold it down say command then let go :).

Nope am yet to test it out on the full release :) , the reason i switched to the beta release is so i could build a voice activated sound board of which with the new audio setup of voice attack i can instruct voice attack to send the audio to one of my virtual audio cables which get mixed with the microphone then gets set as a microphone on discord :).

"Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will"
Unkown

Gary

• Administrator
Hi, axon...

Are you running any plugins?  The latest entry in that file is months old :(

Also, have you tried switching back to Windows Media components to see if that changes anything?

axonMagnus

nope am not using any plugins , now i will switch to media player components and see how it goes :)

axonMagnus

nope am not using any plugins , now i will switch to media player components and see how it goes :)

well i have not used and tried all sound modes seems like the issues is still there :(

axonMagnus

greetings , now i have tried all the audio configurations seems like the issues is still there :) 

Gary

• Administrator
You might want to take a look at your Windows Event viewer and see if there are any events that may be showing up in the log.

Are you running any kind of new antivirus/internet security?

axonMagnus

nope i am using the built in windows defender , and i have more bad news , i uninstalled voice attack beta and downloaded and installed the normal release and its still  happening :( , i will now check in the windows event log :(

axonMagnus

nope i am using the built in windows defender , and i have more bad news , i uninstalled voice attack beta and downloaded and installed the normal release and its still  happening :( , i will now check in the windows event log :(

i have found this

Gary

• Administrator

axonMagnus

i tried that it didnt work. i fixed the issue , i do sim racing and recently setup voice attack to listen when i have push a button on the t500rs  and the flight stick i used as handbrake :) and most of the time they are not connected to the pc and the joysticks where enabled on [[ VA ]] seems like if they are left enabled while the joysticks are not connected it caused that issue :( , the moment i disabled the joysticks on [[ VA ]] the issues never happened :)

"" Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will"

Gary

• Administrator
Interesting.  Have you tried updating your joystick drivers?  I've had an issue in the past where a joystick driver was borked up and was causing problems. 

Also, when VA was terminated unexpectedly, did you get the popup box that said it was improperly shut down?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:40:02 AM by Gary »

axonMagnus

they are updated  indeed they have to be for what i do :) i think it will be a good idea to pin this situation i have a feeding a lot of people will encounter this :) , thanks for your help sir i wish you a great weekend :)

""" Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will """