Author Topic: VA used to work perfectly, but now not?  (Read 3099 times)

Fliposide

VA used to work perfectly, but now not?
« on: June 19, 2017, 08:22:07 AM »
Hi  all,
I have been using VA with ELite Dangerous for ages, at least 2 years and it worked perfectly. I commanded my ship to do everything I wanted and it it almost always followed my commands perfectly.

With some of the recent changes to HCS voice packs I decided to upgrade to the newest version pf VA and unfortunately I am getting some poor results on some commands.

For Example to engage silent running I say "Close Vents". This always worked instantly. VA seems to think I am saying "open friends" or "open events" no matter how I say the command. I have tried different inflection or speed, but never gets it :(

To disengage Silent running the command is "open Vents" with similar results as before.

I changed my Microphone even a friend trained his machine and is having the same problem?

Any advice?

Can we download older versions of VA?

Does anyone know what HCS needs to be fully operational?

Cheers all

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA used to work perfectly, but now not?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 10:13:53 AM »
You might want to take a look at this thread to see if it might help:

http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=64.0

mIRCon

Re: VA used to work perfectly, but now not?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 02:45:30 PM »
The problem is certainly not in Voice Attack.

I guess you have updated your HCS Voice Pack to the latest version (probably for Elite Dangerous patch 2.3 changes) but there were changes in HCS Voice Pack mechanics as well.

All of the so called dangerous commands have been enclosed with prefix "protocol override".

To solve your problem just say  "protocol override close vents" and your command will be executed without any recognition issues  (providing that you're in allowed game state since you won't be able to execute such command if you're docked or you're in SRV etc).

If you don't say "protocol override" before  dangerous commands VA will not search for "close vents" hence you will get random windows speech recognition results but the command will not be executed.

That change was made for dangerous commands like silent running on/off which could be sometimes wrongly recognized by windows speech in the moment you certainly don't need overheat or loss of shield and similar events.