Author Topic: Problem with EDDI + VA with Admin rights  (Read 3192 times)

nepomuk

Problem with EDDI + VA with Admin rights
« on: June 06, 2017, 04:06:22 AM »
Hello everybody,
I use VA and EDDI in Elite:Dangerous (ED). ED, VA and EDDI, as a plug-in from VA, are installed as a normal user.
So, the problem is, if I start VA with admin rights (this is recommended) EDDI gets also admin rights and then EDDI
 can no longer access the ED paths (user path) and will not get feedback from the game. If I start va as normal user
is all ok. How can I fix the problem ? How important is the start of VA with admin rights ?

Thx for your help, greetings nepomuk

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Problem with EDDI + VA with Admin rights
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 03:27:03 PM »
I can't really help with EDDI itself, but running VoiceAttack as admin is recommended because any applications in a higher security context than VoiceAttack cannot be interacted with otherwise.

If VoiceAttack does everything you want it to when not running as admin, it won't "hurt" to keep it that way.

Just keep in mind that if something's not working, it may be because VoiceAttack isn't running as admin.

nepomuk

Re: Problem with EDDI + VA with Admin rights
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 04:17:28 AM »
Thank you for your answer !
Currently I use VA + EDDI with user rights and it works to 99%.  :)
Sometimes, however, a keystroke is detected only the second time, that is why I want to use VA with admin rights.
I also believe my problem can only be solved by the EDDI developer. I'm just amazed that many players never talk about this problem  ::).
If the PC has only one user with admin rights, this is not a problem. You have a PC with a user with user rights this problem arises.
Do all players use their PC with admin rights?  :o
Since Win7 / 10 (XP?) the user should not use his PC in normal operation (thus also when playing) with Admin rights.
I'm pretty surprised. I will tell my problem again to the developer of EDDI.  8)
https://github.com/cmdrmcdonald/EliteDangerousDataProvider

Ok, thank you pfeil