Author Topic: Default profile?  (Read 8311 times)

Durntdude

Default profile?
« on: May 26, 2016, 12:19:54 AM »
Is there a way to set a default profile in VoiceAttack? They way I see it now is that you can have the profile swap depending on window but I don't see a way to have a profile that is active whenever all other profiles aren't active

axonMagnus

Re: Default profile?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 02:46:49 PM »
i dont think you can do that , i would recommend just sticking to profile switching , also another recommendation is something like this

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
say " what profile is this ;"

tts " the current profile is {PROFILE}
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

so you can tell wat profile you are on :)

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 07:29:44 PM »
So, I went ahead and implemented this.  It was all of like five lines of code.  It will be in the next beta.  I've got the clamp down on features right now, but this one was easy to drop in.

The way you will indicate the default profile (at least for now) is to simply put a single asterisk in as a selection the box labeled, 'Enable profile switching for the following windows':

So, it can look like this:

or

*;*notepad*

Hope that makes sense.  I didn't want to add a checkbox... too lazy for that.

SROSeaner

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 06:52:35 AM »
Hi Gary,

I was going to post this in the feature request forum, but saw your post about "default profile" and not sure if what you are implementing is the same as what I am looking for.  Let me explain and tell me if it's the same thing:

I was thinking of a "global profile".  One in which is always active, plus the specific standard profile that is currently active.  So, for example I use VLC media player in telnet mode and send music play commands to it using voice attack.  So, for example a command like "Play Hard Rock Music" queue's up a playlist I have.

Unfortunately, with multiple profiles unique to each game I play, I have to copy all of those commands into each profile which is becomes a management nightmare when you need to make a change to one of those commands.

So, if there was a "global profile" I could put in all commands I want to be used in each and every standard profile that is unique to each game/application.

Does that make sense how I described it?

Sean

J. Calvert (Joshua)

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 07:19:10 AM »
Hi Sean,

I'm using a seperate profile (I called it General profile) for that kind of things like playing music and other stuff I use in every other profile.
In the other profiles i'm using I tell it to include that general profile. I'm not at my PC at the moment but it is in the option screen which appears when you click the small box next to the profile name when editing the profile.

Jan

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 07:33:51 AM »
I'm not at my PC at the moment but it is in the option screen which appears when you click the small box next to the profile name when editing the profile.

I am at my PC, so if I may, a visual aid:

Note that for now, you can't include more than one profile in this option(it's in the works), although you can daisy-chain includes together(E.G. "Profile 1" includes "Profile 2", which includes "Profile 3", and so on).

EDIT: Fixed image links
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:44:43 PM by Pfeil »

SROSeaner

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 09:45:09 AM »
OH!

Thanks guys.  Didn't know about that feature.  Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Sean