Author Topic: Command joining phrases  (Read 4534 times)

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Command joining phrases
« on: April 10, 2017, 09:45:44 AM »
We have override phrases...would it be possible to have phrases which join commands together?

So I could say:

"Request docking and lower landing gear"

the "and" being the joining phrase, could be "then" or "and then" etc. Allows for much more fluid commands and better control :)

it could go on and on:

"Request docking and lower landing gear and lights on and make me a cup of tea and ..."
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Command joining phrases
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 12:00:58 PM »
This is not a bad idea.  I'll throw it on the whiteboard and have a go at it.  No ETA, though.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 06:18:34 PM »
Ok... now I remember why this isn't already done.  It's the unreliable nature of commands that are not exact.  Would still be worth, 'trying', but I am pretty sure I know what the result is going to be (about as good as wildcards).  Which, now that I think about it, I believe this might already be able to be done with wildcards:

*Request docking*
*lower landing gear*
*lights on*
*make me a cup of tea*
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 06:21:50 PM by Gary »

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 06:53:36 AM »
wouldn't wildcards still require a pause between commands and also mean adding it to every cmd? It was more the fluid linking of cmds I was thinking of, no voice pauses between issuing them. It may not be possible with multiple but may work with just linking 2 cmds which you then execute the one to the left of the joining phrase and the one to the right when the first has completed (maybe with a small 1s pause between executing the 2nd)
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 11:04:34 AM »
wouldn't wildcards still require a pause between commands and also mean adding it to every cmd?
No, but yes.

Wildcard commands will be recognized wherever they are in a phrase, E.G. if you have the commands "*Request docking* and *lower landing gear*, you can speak "Computer, request docking and lower landing gear for me" without pausing, and both commands will be recognized and executed.

The main caveat to using this method is that commands will run simultaneously(regardless of whether the "Allow other commands to be executed while this one is running" option is checked), so they could interfere with eachother if the order in which actions execute is important.

And, indeed, every command you want to make available to be executed in this manner does need the wildcards to be applied to a command phrase.