Author Topic: Timeout after not recognised  (Read 1374 times)

Bill1949

Timeout after not recognised
« on: January 26, 2020, 06:57:03 PM »
If VA fails to recognise a spoken command, it stops responding to my Push-to-Listen button (ie - it displays 'Listening suspended') for about 30 secs or more.
Is that correct? Can I change that?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Timeout after not recognised
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 08:18:33 PM »
That is not normal, no. The only delay you could adjust is the "Unrecognized Speech Delay" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window, however that is by default only set to 250ms, not several seconds (let alone 30).

This could potentially be caused by the speech recognition engine getting hung up trying to recognize what's being said (which can also be exacerbated by a microphone picking up too much background noise).
You could try creating a new speech recognition profile, as outlined in this topic, in case that has become corrupted.

Bill1949

Re: Timeout after not recognised
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 01:42:04 AM »
Many thx for quick response Pfeil - I tried that (new profile) but it made no difference... Even if it doesn't 'suspend', it's extremely 'iffy' about recognising commands. I'm guessing it could be the background noise thing, so I'll have to check more on that score.

This is a great pity because I LOVE VA and it has had long periods of working really well, interspersed with issues such as I'm getting now - so I guess the non-recognition is not as issue with VA itself.