Author Topic: (1.5.10.1) Voice attack is recognising disable commands  (Read 8822 times)

wilkie79

(1.5.10.1) Voice attack is recognising disable commands
« on: July 21, 2016, 09:42:53 AM »
I am using HCS Voice Packs with Voice Attack, but with the new release of Voice Attack version 1.5.10.1, all the commands that have been set as disabled, which only have the same words as disable commands are being recognised instead of the non-disabled command.

One of these commands is Launch, where in previous releases of Voice Attack, only Launch would be recognised. Now when I say "Launch", the disabled command ((Launch)) is being recognised instead.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: (1.5.10.1) Voice attack is recognising disable commands
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 06:45:51 PM »
So, what you are saying is if you have two commands in your profile:

'((launch))'   <---- is not voice-disabled

and

'launch'   <---- voice-disabled

If 'launch' is voice-disabled and '((launch))' is not voice-disabled, if you say the word, 'launch',  the command '((launch))' is executed?

I'm using 1.5.10.3 and when I say, 'launch',  the log shows, 'Disabled (accessible via subcommand) : 'launch''

Anybody else having this same problem with another example?

wilkie79

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 02:57:57 AM »
So, what you are saying is if you have two commands in your profile:

'((launch))'   <---- is not voice-disabled

and

'launch'   <---- voice-disabled

If 'launch' is voice-disabled and '((launch))' is not voice-disabled, if you say the word, 'launch',  the command '((launch))' is executed?

I'm using 1.5.10.3 and when I say, 'launch',  the log shows, 'Disabled (accessible via subcommand) : 'launch''

Anybody else having this same problem with another example?

No.

What I am saying is that if I say 'launch', which is not voice disabled. I get a 09:48:40 - Disabled (accessible via subcommand) : '((launch))' output, instead of the launch process being executed, 09:48:40 - Recognized : 'launch'.

Below is an example of this with three other short commands:

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 09:13:21 AM »
I'm able to replicate this in v1.5.10.2, albeit in a different order:

• Create "{jump}"
  • Speak "jump", "{jump}" is executed
  • Create "jump"
  • Speak "jump", "jump" is executed
  • Disable "jump"
  • Speak "jump", "Disabled (accessible via subcommand) : 'jump'"

Additionally, starting from previous example:
  • Rename "jump" -> "((jump))"
  • Rename "{jump}" -> "jump"
  • Speak "jump", "jump"(previously "{jump}") is executed

Does to command matching search alphabetically, but with special characters last?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 02:28:03 PM »
I think I've got this sorted out.  This probably got sideways with the loader optimizations.  I'll put out an, 'unofficial' build for you to try.

Something to note going forward is that '((jump))' and '{jump}' and 'jump' are allowed, as extra characters are not removed from the command (this allows apostrophes and whatever... the speech engine sorts it out).  The speech engine will allow, '{jump}' and 'jump' to be used, however, it will prioritize 'jump' over '{jump}' when it recognizes speech.  Another weird thing that the speech engine does (this has been discussed in the other forum, I think) is it will also take a command phrase like, 'jumpx' and if you say, 'jump', it will recognize it as, 'jumpx' as it assumes that's what you meant (I think that's regardless of command weight, but I might be wrong).

The whole disabled issue here is resolved, I believe... however, my suggestion if this is totally confusing is to simply provide a unique command name in regards to the language part of your commands. 

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 05:24:33 PM »
I'll put out an, 'unofficial' build for you to try.
You had me going

because I read "I've" instead of "I'll" -_-'

my suggestion if this is totally confusing is to simply provide a unique command name in regards to the language part of your commands. 
wilkie79, can I ask why you need two commands with the same name?

If you're doing slightly different things depending on how it's triggered, may I suggest you use the "{CMDACTION}" token if you need to know how the command was called.

The method by which the current command was executed.
The possible results are, 'Spoken', 'Keyboard', 'Joystick', 'Mouse', 'Profile', 'External', 'Unrecognized' and 'Other'.

The value will be, 'Spoken' if the command was executed by a spoken phrase,
'Keyboard' if the command was executed using a keyboard shortcut,
'Joystick' if executed by a joystick button,
'Mouse' if executed by a mouse button click,
and 'Profile' if the command was executed on profile load (from the command indicated in the profile options screen).
 The value will be 'External' if the command is executed from a command line.
'Unrecognized' will be the value if the command was executed using the unrecognized phrase catch-all command in the profile options screen.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 05:28:56 PM »
Going for a full beta, as I might have a solution for the startup meltdown.   The fix will be in there ;)  It's been a long day.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 09:43:51 PM »
New beta is out there.  Hope that resolves the issue ;)

http://www.voiceattack.com/beta

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 11:30:16 PM »
It appears to be working.

There is a bug I discovered while testing this, possibly related to Commands stopping(assuming you made changes in that department), where the following sequence occurs:
  • Start VoiceAttack, loading an existing profile with commands
  • Create a new profile
  • Add a command(optionally)
  • Close the "Edit a Profile" window by clicking done to save
  • Speak a command from the profile that was previously loaded
  • Command is recognized and executed
  • Speak a command from the new profile
  • Command not found
  • Reopen the "Edit a Profile" window and click done to save(or open and close VoiceAttack
  • Speak a command from the profile that was previously loaded
  • Command not found
  • Speak a command from the new profile
  • Command is recognized and executed

I do have "-showloadtime" enabled, and it does not show a "Profile load time:" entry when the new one is saved the first time.

Additionally, possibly unrelated to the former: If a profile is deleted, an existing one will load, and display "Profile load time:" twice, with slightly different but similar times(implying the existing profile was loaded twice in succession).

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 11:01:33 PM »
Yeah... there was an extra reload in the delete and the create profile got a little fudged with some recent changes.

Thanks for the heads-up on that.

I put the update in the, 'unofficial' bin:  http://www.voiceattack.com/unofficial

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 11:45:50 PM »
Yeah... there was an extra reload in the delete and the create profile got a little fudged with some recent changes.

Appears to be working.

If the profile is empty, either when creating it, switching to it, or restarting VoiceAttack with it as the active profile, there is no "Profile load time" log entry, which is to be expected when there's nothing to load.