Author Topic: Seems slower to respond after the past couple of updates.  (Read 1473 times)

Lord Lethris

Seems slower to respond after the past couple of updates.
« on: June 10, 2019, 07:05:59 AM »
really sorry if this is a repeated question - I did a search for "slow" and it came up with a number of hits, but either from 2017 or not relevant to my issue.

I have noticed that the past 2 updates seemed to make the response times awfully slow.

I use this with the HCS Voicepacks, and a few months ago, the responses were very much instant (or be it a few nanoseconds).  But since V1.7.4 and 1.7.5, the response time has been up to 5 seconds in some cases.

Now, I "thought" it was HCS's voice packs.  So I managed to find the time to test my own custom Voice controls, for simple things like "Open/Close Netflix", basically completely independent of HCS voice packs.  I'm still getting that "up to 5 seconds" delay on responses.

after some extensive google-foo, I tried stuff like re-installing VA, re-setting the Voice recon file for windows, training the voice file, and even re-setting/installing Speech recon.

I'm still getting that slow response.

Any thoughts?
Any way of rolling back to pre 1.7.4? <- I use steam, so I don't think that possible.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Seems slower to respond after the past couple of updates.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 08:35:14 AM »
Hi, Lord Lethris.

What you are describing is usually one of a few things.  The most common thing is that your speech profile has gotten borked.  You'll want to look at this thread (ignore the title):  https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=64.0 

Next, I would check to see if you are running any plugins.  If so, try disabling them by going into Options > General and unchecking the box.  Restart VA and see if there's anything different in an empty profile (maybe you should do this first - as it's pretty easy to do).

The next thing to check is for noise.  The speech engine doesn't do well if things are noisy.  This includes line noise emanating from your devices that you may or may not be able to hear yourself.  I would try changing headsets all the way down to trying VA on a second machine.

Lastly, I would check targeting.  If you have a target set up on your main screen other than, 'active window', you may experience some delay as VA is trying to locate the target.  This wouldn't be five seconds worth of delay, but it could be up to a second if the target can't be found at all.

A five-second delay would be extremely atypical of expected performance, as I'm still getting sub-second responses (I'm using 1.7.5).  I would suspect that would be what most are experiencing (otherwise this forum and the Discord server would be flooded).  Hope some of that helps!

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Re: Seems slower to respond after the past couple of updates.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 06:54:29 PM »
make sure that the target box in VA is set to "Active Window"
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.