Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 2790 times)

bettascott

Need Help
« on: September 07, 2018, 06:49:21 AM »
I got Voice Attack with Viacom Pro for use with DCS.  I was having problems getting it to recognize my California Accent.  Also I was having problems with it recognizing my Phraseology. I'm a pilot and unfortunately the phrases I use all the time are not what it recognizes and I am having to relearn other phraseology.  So... I stopped using Voice Attack, but I didn't uninstall it as I might want to try again later, since I paid for it.  Now some of the airplanes I fly in DCS do not respond to the commands from the reinstalled menus.  Is there any thing I can do with out uninstalling voice attack?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Need Help
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 12:35:36 PM »
I got Voice Attack with Viacom Pro for use with DCS.  I was having problems getting it to recognize my California Accent.
Have you tried the suggestions in this topic? The alternative speech recognition engine is worth trying as well.

Also I was having problems with it recognizing my Phraseology. I'm a pilot and unfortunately the phrases I use all the time are not what it recognizes and I am having to relearn other phraseology.
Were these short phrases, or even individual words? The more data the speech recognition engine has to work with, the better the recognition accuracy.

If you really can't get a certain word recognized, and you've tried training(or re-training) your speech profile, you can use the word the speech recognition "thinks" you're saying in your command phrase instead.

Now some of the airplanes I fly in DCS do not respond to the commands from the reinstalled menus.
If this only happens with specific aircraft or commands, have you verified the keybindings are still correct? If they are, you can also try adding a pause between keypresses, or holding them down longer.

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
Re: Need Help
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 03:23:42 PM »
Also I was having problems with it recognizing my Phraseology. I'm a pilot and unfortunately the phrases I use all the time are not what it recognizes and I am having to relearn other phraseology.

Another path would be to teach the speech dictionary (assuming you're using the default speech engine) the phrases that you would like VA to recognize. You need to open Windows Speech Recognition, then right-click and open the Speech Dictionary. You can then add, edit, or remove words or phrases from there, and you can also provide a voice recording of words/phrases so the recognition is more accurate.