Author Topic: Have an Idea and want to toss it around with you guys. Elite Dangerous related.  (Read 8923 times)

Sheetsattack574

So I have this awesome Idea for voice attack and I wanted to see what your ideas are.

Its nothing technical just audio related, but I have dreamed of a unique response system that is a merging on vocal and soundbites for cartoons, movies, podcasts, etc.

Think the little computer in Flubber that uses different media to express emotions to the viewer. Something like that.

I know how to record them with my computer, I just have trouble with how to make it sound interesting. And yes I know that if something like this exists that use bites from other media then I can't be sold or anything because of licencing.

But just think that your flying around and you have like soundbites of Gir from Invader Zim responding back at you mixed with regular voice audio or just Gir ^_^.

I tried looking for videos on gir, but most of it is bad quality to record from.

So what do you think of that?

Also, if something like this exists already, link it to me.

Rhaedas

If I understand what you're looking for, it's pretty easy, once you get the source material together. Are you talking about having a lot of random possible responses for actions, or maybe just random stuff occasionally blurted out as you're flying? I have both in my profile, all using TTS, but a random number and some conditionals can make sound files work too. The voice packs sold to go with VA are all about doing this kind of thing.

Or maybe you're talking about something different?

Gary

• Administrator
You could have an unrecognized catch-all that looks for expletives and then scolds you for it  ;)

Rhaedas

Mine has a dirtier mouth than I do. The strange thing is, she always seems to say it at appropriate times. Maybe I'm in trouble a lot.

Sheetsattack574

If I understand what you're looking for, it's pretty easy, once you get the source material together. Are you talking about having a lot of random possible responses for actions, or maybe just random stuff occasionally blurted out as you're flying? I have both in my profile, all using TTS, but a random number and some conditionals can make sound files work too. The voice packs sold to go with VA are all about doing this kind of thing.

Or maybe you're talking about something different?

Yeah. Either A voice that follows up with a reference or something from via tv, movie, podcast or random or pure quotes from a certain source like invader zim. Not for profit of course.

Rhaedas

Take a look at this thread from the Google forums and see if that's sort of what you're thinking.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/voiceattack/random$20sounds/voiceattack/9OQZv1VkO2w/xfGyY3ZGCgAJ