Author Topic: Push to Talk only works once  (Read 5724 times)

toby23

Re: Push to Talk only works once
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2022, 03:50:18 PM »
If you open the ingame options menu to the tab that displays the controls, and execute a command, are any of the controls highlighted, to indicate that input is received?

Yes, I tried 'Intercom Internal' which is RCTL+RSHIFT+E and that highlights to indicate input received.

I guess the problem is not VA and I would like to thank you very much for your help tonight, I really do appreciate it.
At least I know that VA is working and that there must be something up with the way the profile interacts on radio tuning.
Thank you,
Toby

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Push to Talk only works once
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2022, 04:07:42 PM »
Do try executing the command without using push-to-talk (I.E. by clicking the button on the main window to manually turn listening on)

DCS allows arbitrary keys or joystick buttons to be assigned as ingame modifiers, so if your push-to-talk button/key happens to be one, that could interfere with normal input.

As mentioned, modifier keys cannot be prevented from passing through, so you'll also want to use a key (combination) that is not/does not include a modifier key (Ctrl, Shift, Alt, or Win) as your push-to-talk key.