Author Topic: Re: VA just shuts down in game  (Read 2079 times)

DoomBudgie

Re: VA just shuts down in game
« on: January 09, 2022, 11:02:27 AM »
I am also running into this problem when playing Bannerlord. After a few minutes, VA shuts down without any notification.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 11:05:48 AM »
Have you checked for a "VoiceAttackFault.txt" file in either the installation directory, or %APPDATA%\VoiceAttack ?

DoomBudgie

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 11:08:36 AM »
The file exists in \AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack. Would you like me to attach it here?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2022, 11:11:20 AM »
Yes.

DoomBudgie

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2022, 11:13:02 AM »
Attached, thanks.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 11:20:49 AM »
If you click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, then open the "Speech Engine" dropdown on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window, what is listed?

What is the value of the "Command Weight" and "Min Unrecognized Confidence Level" options on that same tab?

When you speak something that isn't a command, is there an "Unrecognized: " entry in the log on the main window, followed by what the speech recognition engine estimates you may have said?

Are you using the dictation mode (E.G. by executing a command containing a "Start Dictation Mode" action)?

DoomBudgie

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 11:27:09 AM »
Speech Engine is set to System Default.

Command Weight = 50

Min Unrecognized Confidence Level = 50

There is no "Unrecognized" entry. Now that I'm watching it, when I say something nonsensical (such as "test" or some other phrase), it shuts down without a notification.

I am not in dictation mode.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2022, 11:34:49 AM »
"System Default" would be the top entry, but what is listed aside from that?

What appears to be happening is that the speech recognition system is not returning any information regarding unrecognized speech, which is causing a crash when attempting to retrieve that information

DoomBudgie

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2022, 11:37:04 AM »
The only other option is "Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English - US)"

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2022, 12:23:17 PM »
Try creating and training a new speech recognition profile, as shown here, then reboot (using the "Restart" option in the start menu, not by shutting down), then start VoiceAttack again and check whether the crash still occurs, or "Unrecognized" entries show up

DoomBudgie

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2022, 12:31:34 PM »
After creating a new speech rec profile, etc, it does not seem to be crashing on a basic test and I am receiving "Unrecognized" entries. I haven't had time to test it in game yet, but so far so good -- It is not immediately crashing upon unrecognized speech as it was before.

Thanks.