Author Topic: Profile Font and Background  (Read 1307 times)

CaptainDennis

Profile Font and Background
« on: April 25, 2020, 04:02:17 AM »
Hi.
       Busy setting up VA on my new computer, in editing profiles, I find it very tiring on my old eyse.  Is there anyway to change the font size and background colour.  Dark works for me, I have ticked the "Under Cover" option, but that seems not to apply to the profile editor.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Profile Font and Background
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 10:11:35 AM »
"Cover of Darkness (Dark Mode)" only applies to the main window. There is currently no feature that allows changing the appearance of other windows.

CaptainDennis

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 02:58:36 PM »
Thanks, a shame, the format is murder to read

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 03:06:44 PM »
Do you have any display scaling set up?

There is no VoiceAttack-specific option, and the "Make text bigger" option will not affect VoiceAttack, however you could try the "Make everything bigger" option, which does affect all GUI elements (of all applications on the primary display), rather than just font size.

That option can be found in the "Ease of Access" section of the Windows settings app, under "Display".

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 04:01:26 PM »
The components used for scaling in VA are somewhat difficult to theme properly and require a lot of tweaking to get them to the point where they are actually usable.  When adding these new scaling components, I had to make a call on whether or not to to spend a large amount of time theming VoiceAttack's entire user interface (90-100 forms) or getting the VA back out there and making the new scaling features available.  I chose the latter with the hopes of getting around to the rest of the user interface at some point in the future, as most users spend almost all of their time on the main screen.  As you can see I have not been able to get that portion sorted out yet :(   I'll add your vote for finishing out the theming for sure!