Author Topic: What means ...recognized, but rejected with confidence level 48/50  (Read 2866 times)

ullih

Hi All,

trouble again!  :(
Yesterday i've made a script and it worked perfectly!
Today i've made a (very stupid) mistake and deleted the whole script!  :-[
Now i try to do it again, but all the time VA tells me:
13:03:49 - 'es sind 7 drohnen an bord' recognized, but rejected with confidence level 48/50.

I've made this script to storeage (?) the number of limpets i have aboard:
Code: [Select]
Set Text [Drohnenanzahl] to '{CMD}'
Set integer [Drohnenanzahl] value to the converted value of {TXTNUM:Drohnenanzahl}
Write [Red] 'value recognized as {INT:Drohnenanzahl}' to log
Say, 'Verstanden, es sind [Drohnenanzahl] an Bord'

I said, it worked yesterday!
It worked, but i don't know why! I tested and testet and sudenly it worked!
Today i want to find out how i did and then... Gone with the wind! :-[

So what's wrong with that script?

Regards,

Ulli

I note, other commands do the same:
13:36:43 - 'es ist kein jäger an bord' recognized, but rejected with confidence level 37/50.

I never touched this script, what's going on???????? :o

13:52:45 - Recognized : 'schub 25 prozent'
13:52:56 - Recognized : 'voller stop'
13:53:06 - 'mehr schub' recognized, but rejected with confidence level 44/50.

Some commends work, other not? What' wrong here?  :(

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: What means ...recognized, but rejected with confidence level 48/50
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 09:40:09 AM »
The default global minimum confidence level is set to 0, so usually any command that is recognized should execute.

It appears you changed that setting to 50, so now if the speech engine matches what you say to a command phrase, but is less than 50% sure the match is actually correct, the command will not execute.
This setting can be set in different places, and will overridden by those at lower levels, in the order of:
  • "Minimum Confidence Level" on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window
  • "Override global minimum confidence level" on the "Profile General" tab of the active profile's options window
  • "Minimum confidence level" on the "Edit a Command" window
(where 3 overrides 2, and 2 overrides 1).

By default, 1 is set to 0 (so has no effect), and 2 and 3 are disabled (as their checkboxes are not checked).

While you can return this value to its default setting so commands will execute regardless of confidence, a recognition confidence that low is an indication that speech recognition is not working optimally.

Make sure that when using German commands you're using the German speech recognition engine.
Check that your microphone doesn't have a background hum or other line noise; Background noise (E.G. a fan blowing in your direction) can also dramatically impact recognition.
Run the speech recognition training for that engine (you may want to create a new speech recognition profile for that engine, specifically, as well) a few times (I recommend three or more).

As an aside, if this is a profile for Elite:Dangerous, I believe you can get the amount of limpets on board from the game, using EDDI (the "Ship limpets carried" integer value).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 06:18:12 PM by Pfeil »

ullih

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 06:48:45 AM »
If "fan" means that thing we call a "Ventilator" here... Bingo! :-\
I started VA with a very cheap headset, the recognition was... ok!
Then i bought a much better microphone and the real trouble began! It noticed every sound and made working with VA nearly impossible ( sorry about my english! :-[ )
I tried so many things to make it less sensitive, but somehow nothing really works!
And the last days i must use a Ventilator (because the weather) and this made working with VA impossible!
I found out, when i set the Windows sound input level to 70%, it's ok. Yesterday i tryed to test it and set it to 50% and then the real trouble began!
I reset it to 70% and it seems to be ok again. Ok means: i can not use VA and Teamspeak, because if someone says somthing in TS, nothing will be recognized... Well, you can't always get what you want! (Jagger/Richards)  ;D

Last, the "Ship limpets carried" integer value:
I tested it so many times in so many ways, it never works... Until yesterday!
I've changed nothing, i said a command where i built in it before... It suddenly worked! ???
Ok, there was a EDDI update before, but i think this can't be the reason?
Very confusing! ???

Thank you for the information, i'm thinking about a real good headset, perhaps this will make it easier?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 12:35:14 PM »
Wind noise is always difficult to work around.

I made this post on the subject a while ago (though this was an even more extreme condition with high-power fans pointed directly at the user):
Even for non-voice recognition applications, wind noise will have a massive impact. There's nothing you can do in software to remedy that (you can try to suppress the wind noise itself, but the voice data that isn't there won't come back).

Unless you want to wear a full-face helmet with a microphone inside, you'd have to use a windscreen on a good noise-cancelling microphone to try and mitigate this (but even then it's far from ideal).
You could look into something intended for paragliding or flying with an open cockpit, though they don't come with a regular 3.5mm connector; Or possibly something for open-face motorcycle helmets.

A throat microphone would also be unaffected by wind noise, but the sound quality is likely insufficient for voice recognition.

You could try a foam windshield on your current headset microphone, to see if that helps (cheaper than buying a new headset, and not a huge cost even if it doesn't work).

Note that I'm just speaking from limited personal experience; I'm not an audio engineer, by any means.