Author Topic: [v1.6.9.3] Edit a Profile focus  (Read 2192 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
[v1.6.9.3] Edit a Profile focus
« on: January 05, 2018, 11:53:57 AM »
Clicking the new "Apply" button changes focus to the "Profile Name" textbox, which is different from the default window-opening behavior(which in turn seems off as well):

When initially opening the "Edit a Profile" window, focus appears to be on the command list(as using Shift-Tab jumps to the "Delete" button, and Tab subsequently focuses the list), yet the list cannot be scrolled using the mouse wheel, nor will the arrow keys affect the list initially(arrow up jumps to the "Delete" button, arrow down to the "Import Commands" button); Pressing enter does open the command that appears to be selected(as it's highlighted in blue) for editing(after closing the "Edit a Command" dialog, the list is now scrollable, as it would be when clicking inside the list as well).

Perhaps focus needs to be on an element inside the list for scrolling to work?

I checked a version back to v1.6.9.2, and to v1.6.9, and the list focus is not a new issue. Guess I'm just used to clicking it first.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: [v1.6.9.3] Edit a Profile focus
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 11:04:16 PM »
Not sure what you've got going on with the scrolling, but my scrolling seems to be working ok... I'm able to click on stuff and then click on the list and it scrolls.  It even scrolls if i didn't click it and the mouse is over it.  I know in Windows 10 there's a setting called, 'scroll inactive windows when i hover over them'.  This is on by default... might want to check yours.

The list *was* losing focus.  Not sure why the enter key works like that.  At any rate, I've got the focus back on the list on edit.  On add the focus is on the name box.

Touched up the focus for the apply button.  It now focuses the list, which is probably more likely to be used than editing the profile name ;)  Also made the apply button active when the profile name changes.  Thanks for the heads-up!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: [v1.6.9.3] Edit a Profile focus
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 08:45:54 PM »
To clarify: Scrolling works fine after clicking on the list; It's when the "Edit a Profile" window is opened that the list cannot be scrolled.

This is on Windows 7, which as far as I can see doesn't have the "scroll inactive windows when i hover over them" option built-in(I do remember seeing it in Logitech Setpoint, way back when).
Observing the behavior of open explorer windows, the active window scrolls, even when the cursor is over an inactive scrollable window.
Looking at this Stackexchange post, there's no native way of doing it in Windows 7, they all recommend third-party applications.

The Windows 10 option, when enabled, effectively works around the behavior I'm describing.