Author Topic: TTS Reading of NPC Chat in Elite Dangerous?  (Read 8230 times)

rpoteat

TTS Reading of NPC Chat in Elite Dangerous?
« on: April 27, 2017, 04:58:37 PM »
hi all - I need some help from the EDDI programmers out there.

I'm trying to create a profile that will read npc chat via tts using voice attack. I have been searching around and the players journal states that the command to reference would be ReceiveText. the log also states the following:
When written: when a text message is received from another player or npc
Parameters:
From
Channel: (wing/local/voicechat/friend/player/npc)

I have been trying create the correct command in eddi, but i'm not sure if EDDI reads this command, or if i'm just not using the correct syntax. I've searched the boards here and found an example of what the log contents look like:

Code:
{ "timestamp":"2017-03-05T14:30:04Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"$npc_name_decorate:#name=Markus Kruger;", "From_Localised":"Markus Kruger", "Message":"$Pirate_OnStartScanCargo07;", "Message_Localised":"Do you have anything of value?", "Channel":"npc" }

{ "timestamp":"2017-03-05T14:30:36Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"$ShipName_Police_Federation;", "From_Localised":"Federal Security Service", "Message":"$Police_ThankYouPassedStopAndSearch10;", "Message_Localised":"Everything looks fine, Commander. Have a good day.", "Channel":"npc" }

NOTE: many thanks to MagicMau for the post containing the log entries above.

to use the examples above, what would the command be to have voice attack read "Everything looks fine, Commander. Have a good day." after a successful scan of my cargo, or to have, "Do you have anything of value?" read when Markus Kruger contacts me?

Finally, if this isn't a feature that EDDI currently supports, can anyone point me to a voice attack plugin that would allow this?

Any and all help is appreciated!

thanks!

Rhaedas

Re: TTS Reading of NPC Chat in Elite Dangerous?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 09:08:02 PM »
The beta version of EDDI now will read NPC messages. You can use ((EDDI receive messages)) as a command in VA. Mentioned in the VA section of the EDDI manual here..

I also put together a simple program to be run by VA before EDDI made that possible, located in the plugin section in this forum, if that's all you want to do, or if you want something to modify more.

One caveat for using either of these - to be more effective, you should try and get more voices. I have all the MS free voices installed on mine, using one as the ship voice, and the other six as the external voices, at a reduced volume. Been working pretty well so far.

rpoteat

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 06:15:33 AM »
The beta version of EDDI now will read NPC messages. You can use ((EDDI receive messages)) as a command in VA. Mentioned in the VA section of the EDDI manual here..

I also put together a simple program to be run by VA before EDDI made that possible, located in the plugin section in this forum, if that's all you want to do, or if you want something to modify more.

One caveat for using either of these - to be more effective, you should try and get more voices. I have all the MS free voices installed on mine, using one as the ship voice, and the other six as the external voices, at a reduced volume. Been working pretty well so far.

Thanks for the help. However i would be very interested in seeing your plugin (it would probably save me a lot of time and effort). do you remember the name of the post?

Rhaedas

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 10:04:24 AM »
I was mistaken and thinking of another thing I had put up under the profile uploads here. I'll upload what I have as a VA profile in a bit and post/attach the sources for the exes for you to take a look at. The sources are probably the most interesting to you, as it shows a way to look at the journal and extract the messages.