Author Topic: I Need help with Helldivers 2 VA Profile  (Read 11123 times)

Todokoro

I Need help with Helldivers 2 VA Profile
« on: February 18, 2024, 02:33:17 PM »
Greetings. So I have been working on a Helldivers 2 profile. The profile is functional with almost all the stratagem input codes present - but for some reason I can't get it to function as well as Dv2236's Helldivers 1 profile. Mine for some reason just isn't as snappy and I can't figure out why. If anybody can look at mine and his and tell me what I could do different to make it input faster I would very much appreciate it.

Update (v2): Its more snappy and has all the stratagems. Still requires more testing, but its for the most part complete.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 08:57:37 AM by Todokoro »

PestbotLIVE

Re: I Need help with Helldivers 2 VA Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 07:23:35 AM »
i tested out your VA profile and it works great for me atleast, could you add the rest of the stratagems? Maybe add some short hands? instead of saying the entirty of minefield it just says mine, and then the eagles and orbitals could be orbital 1, 2 ect and eagle 1 2 etc

nevermore26

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 12:12:29 PM »
Greetings. So I have been working on a Helldivers 2 profile. The profile is functional with almost all the stratagem input codes present - but for some reason I can't get it to function as well as Dv2236's Helldivers 1 profile. Mine for some reason just isn't as snappy and I can't figure out why. If anybody can look at mine and his and tell me what I could do different to make it input faster I would very much appreciate it.

Hey all - late to the party. I was curious if you or Pestbot had any new info/findings or luck with this? I am looking to fire up my voice attack and start playing (I have a messed up right hand, so I leverage it to help play games)

All and all impressive work so far! I see almost all of them already on there with only a few missing - think only 14 of them? of them most of them not really needed like Tesla tower, Arc Thrower, or the Ballistic Shield. Did not see Eagle Napalm or Grenade Launcher or EMS Morter?

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 12:50:45 PM »
Players:  "So what is a main unique feature of this game?"
Game:  "Players can use special abilities and gear by entering Mortal-Kombat style button combos"
Players:  "Yeah... we're not gonna do that.  Have you even heard of macros?!"

lmao! (great work, well done!)

nevermore26

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 12:56:12 PM »
Players:  "So what is a main unique feature of this game?"
Game:  "Players can use special abilities and gear by entering Mortal-Kombat style button combos"
Players:  "Yeah... we're not gonna do that.  Have you even heard of macros?!"

lmao! (great work, well done!)

lmao! I get it! Besides of sucking at Mortal Kombat when I had 2 good hands, I only have one now ;) Won't let that stop me from joining the cause though!

Todokoro

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 05:16:23 PM »
Okay I discovered what I needed to do to make the profile more snappy - I am a bit busy at the moment but I will have the profile ready to go either late friday night or monday morning (depending on if I am able to connect to the server over the weekend).  I also read everyone's comments and appreciate the feedback and will have it more complete (or as complete as possible) as soon as humanly possible.

PestbotLIVE

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 06:33:15 PM »
Awesome i look forward to using the completed profile, dont forget to add the other mission specific stratagems like the luminous orbital flare, the sos beacon, and many others, there are alot of stratagems we dont know about yet, but ive been playing with the profile you've made for a while, it doesn't even get false positives, there is a missinput every now and then but i think its because im usually holding shift cause once i repeat myself it works fine

nevermore26

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 06:12:31 AM »
Okay I discovered what I needed to do to make the profile more snappy - I am a bit busy at the moment but I will have the profile ready to go either late friday night or monday morning (depending on if I am able to connect to the server over the weekend).  I also read everyone's comments and appreciate the feedback and will have it more complete (or as complete as possible) as soon as humanly possible.

If there is anything I can do to help! Please let me know

IvIercTTV

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2024, 10:11:12 PM »
So i took this profile and finished it via wiki, now has all the strategems and all the non-random mission based ones as well.

This has every last one according to this list.

https://dotesports.com/helldivers-2/news/helldivers-2-stratagem-codes-listed

if there are any issues, please let me know

nevermore26

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2024, 06:15:06 AM »
Here is a second really amazing source for the strats incase that wiki is incorrect
Community driven via reddit and posted on a one drive

https://onedrive.live.com/edit?id=6931F3A3380BBF49!23036&resid=6931F3A3380BBF49!23036&ithint=file%2cxlsx&authkey=!AFD9iWyD6sgazmo&wdo=2&cid=6931f3a3380bbf49

Todokoro

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2024, 08:55:03 AM »
okay its finally here - a complete list of all the stratagems with a command profile that is more snappy. currently the issue that I'm having is the voice attack app itself degrading usefulness over time - making it more difficult to call in stratagems with my voice because its either typing commands too fast or hardly registering inputs when it does recognize a command.

Anyway - I have to give credit where credit is due. SpectralFury562 assisted with the creation of this new profile by adding the rest of the commands, also if it was not for him I probably wouldn't figured out how to make the input commands faster.

I threw in my own edit to keep it true to the original (it still uses the original CTRL input and release).

zendart

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2024, 05:45:37 PM »
okay its finally here - a complete list of all the stratagems with a command profile that is more snappy. currently the issue that I'm having is the voice attack app itself degrading usefulness over time - making it more difficult to call in stratagems with my voice because its either typing commands too fast or hardly registering inputs when it does recognize a command.

Anyway - I have to give credit where credit is due. SpectralFury562 assisted with the creation of this new profile by adding the rest of the commands, also if it was not for him I probably wouldn't figured out how to make the input commands faster.

I threw in my own edit to keep it true to the original (it still uses the original CTRL input and release).

New to VoiceAttack.  Will this work for controller players too?

Todokoro

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2024, 09:21:48 PM »

New to VoiceAttack.  Will this work for controller players too?

just tested this and apparently yes. just make sure you reassign your stratagem directional keys in game to the directional keypad on your computer's keyboard. 

GKRanger

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2024, 09:03:19 AM »
This is a great profile but I keep having issues with any command other than resupply and reinforce. When it does the sequence it goes through all the commands and then my guy starts to reach for it but it goes back to gun.
 Do I need to slow down some of the sequences or pause times?
 Ideas?
P.S. I use Xbox controller
Thx
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 10:03:12 AM by GKRanger »

Todokoro

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2024, 12:55:27 PM »
This is a great profile but I keep having issues with any command other than resupply and reinforce. When it does the sequence it goes through all the commands and then my guy starts to reach for it but it goes back to gun.
 Do I need to slow down some of the sequences or pause times?
 Ideas?
P.S. I use Xbox controller
Thx

If you do, let me know how it goes. I sometimes have issues with inputs going through as well - but with the hundreds of downloads and views this profile gets - I keep thinking to myself that its more of a "me issue" and that I might just need to train my computer to understand me better.

a possibility is that the frames per second and or game speed can't keep up with the input speed and has some delay in the commands preventing the inputs from going all the way through. I still need to test this, but I feel like this is what's happening.

PestbotLIVE

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2024, 05:38:35 PM »
Heya, any updates planned for the new stratagems and stuff?

Sirka

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2024, 07:38:03 PM »
One issue i've encountered is that when using a controller and say the commands. The strat menu will open and close without the direction commands being sent so nothing gets called in.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2024, 12:44:51 AM »
That may be how the game handles simultaneous input from a controller and the keyboard, where rather than accepting both, it switches between using one or the other.

Does physical keyboard input always work if performed while actively providing controller input (E.G. holding a button and/or moving a joystick)?