Author Topic: UNABLE TO EXECUTE COMMAND - COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE  (Read 5055 times)

Tkael

UNABLE TO EXECUTE COMMAND - COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE
« on: February 19, 2017, 09:34:45 PM »
Would it be possible to indicate here what the command was before it was broken? It'd make it easier to fix broken links in a profile.

Thanks,

Gary

• Administrator
Re: UNABLE TO EXECUTE COMMAND - COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 10:42:06 PM »
The thing is with commands that are done by reference, the name of the command would need to be copied and kept with every action that executes that command, and every time a referenced command is updated, all the actions will need to be updated.  It's possible, but I would need to ponder that for a bit.  As a workaround for now, executing commands by name might be the easiest way to keep track of the load you are probably dealing with.

Tkael

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 07:38:28 PM »
That's the conclusion that I'm reaching too. Thanks.

sutex

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »
The thing is with commands that are done by reference, the name of the command would need to be copied and kept with every action that executes that command, and every time a referenced command is updated, all the actions will need to be updated.  It's possible, but I would need to ponder that for a bit.  As a workaround for now, executing commands by name might be the easiest way to keep track of the load you are probably dealing with.

So is this been fixed added to ,a newer version of VA , ?

http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=873.0

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
This is all that has been done with this:

I've uploaded a build into the, 'unofficial' bin that removes the restriction for copying commands between profiles if the command's subcommands are executed by name.  If the restriction is completely turned off, the commands that are copied will either all have to go over at once, OR, the command will contain, 'unable to execute command - command not available' error messages... maybe that would be ok with an option (?)

I'm in a holding pattern at the moment, as I am shooting for a full release soon.  After the full release, I'll look at recursively copying commands (commands that execute commands, that execute commands, and so on).