Author Topic: Include commands from other profiles  (Read 3513 times)

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Include commands from other profiles
« on: February 08, 2017, 05:12:24 AM »
The new inclusion of multiple profiles is great but I had an extra idea on it :)

Rather than include other profiles using the profile settings, could we instead have commands to include them. That would allow us to completely modularise profiles and include things 'on the fly' and only use other commands when needed. For instance, the hcs galaxapedia. I could say 'I'd like to ask a question' and at that point it loads in the galaxapedia commands and couple that with 'I'm finished asking questions' which then unloads those included commands. Have it use tokens for the profile name to include to give it flexibility. This actually came to mind because one of my profiles has the galaxapedia plus many other profiles literally included in it making it very large. These extras are not actually used very often but all the extra commands get accidentally triggered a lot and doing it this way, essentially turning extra features on and off, would alleviate this.

I have a feeling though, depending on how you include extra profiles, that it isn't easily possible to do this 'on the fly'. But, it's at least an idea for you to add to that huge whiteboard of yours :D
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.