Author Topic: Option to include commands from multiple profiles  (Read 5279 times)

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
Option to include commands from multiple profiles
« on: January 26, 2017, 08:42:17 AM »
Would it be possible to have a single profile link to multiple other profiles? Currently users can only link a single profile using the "include commands from another profile" option.

I have my functions and commands organized into profiles (no surprise there). As examples, all volume control-related commands are in my "Volume Control" profile and I also have VoiceAttack-specific commands in a "VoiceAttack" profile. All the commands in these two profiles are useful to have access to within any game, application, or within Windows. I will create a "Master" profile that will be linked to subsequent games, applications, and Windows. However I have to build a "tree" of profile links to get both the VoiceAttack and Volume Control commands into the Master profile. So the structure will look like this:

VoiceAttack ==> Volume Control ==> Master ==> Games, Applications, Windows

where "==>" denotes that one profile is linked to another.

For profile cleanliness it would be great to be able to do this:

VoiceAttack + Volume Control ==> Master ==> Games, Applications, Windows

Going one step further it would be AWESOME to have the commands in a linked profile be available within the "execute selected command" option. I believe the only way (currently) to call commands from linked profiles is "by name."

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:11:50 AM by Exergist »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Option to include commands from multiple profiles
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 09:11:37 AM »
That is a feature that is actually in the works.  The current layout doesn't seem to work for some, so I'm redoing that feature.  What will be in place will be a list of profiles to, 'include', user-ordered by priority.

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 09:12:39 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Gary! What about making linked profile commands available to be selected?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 09:19:31 AM »
I'll consider it, but remember that just including other profiles adds a dimension of complexity that has to be supported.