Author Topic: v1.6.1.23 stop running commands  (Read 5218 times)

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
v1.6.1.23 stop running commands
« on: January 24, 2017, 09:40:30 AM »
I've noticed when running a long loop while command that either pressing the stop all button or even running a command that has a stop all in it doesn't stop the command, it continues. It seems to stop the commands within the loop but the loop itself doesn't stop so the commands in it run again.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: v1.6.1.23 stop running commands
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 09:53:28 AM »
Is this a new issue for v1.6.1.23?

Also, do you have an example?

Do you have a *simplified* example that I could use to reproduce the issue?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:57:39 AM by Gary »

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 11:14:21 AM »
not sure if it's new in this vers as normally loops are quick, this just happens to update data on a webpage which takes a minute.

The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 07:35:04 PM »
If I add a, 'stop all commands' action to the profile (with spoken phrase and keyboard shortcut), it works as expected.  The entire command is stopped.  However, if I run the command and then try to stop it by clicking on the stop command button, the command is pressing the tab key and enter keys so fast that the button focus is lost.  The only way it stops for me in that regard is when it tabs itself over to change the profile ;)  You're going to need to put a process target in the command and select, 'stop when focus lost' so when it loses focus the command will stop.

Side note... If you disable the button press actions in the command, stopping the command via main screen button works.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 01:23:38 AM »
ok I'm starting to get the jist of what's going on. Is there a way for va to switch focus to the browser when the cmd starts and then back again to whatever it was on to start with when it's finished? I don't think there is but without that then I can't select stop the cmd when focus is lost. It's no biggie, more about me getting a handle on how it works and it's limitations. I could have sworn the stop all commands action didn't work but then again when I first wrote this the cmd itself wouldn't work and the next day without changing anything it worked :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:06:58 AM by TheThingIs »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 10:19:18 AM »
There is the option in the command screen to send commands to a specific target, and if that target is lost to stop processing.  There is also an option to continue if the focus comes back (pauses the command).  Outside of that, you'd want to capture the initial window title and then, Perform a Window Function > Display, using that title.