Author Topic: MSI Laptop Not Hearing on Windows 10 (solved)  (Read 7716 times)

Rat

MSI Laptop Not Hearing on Windows 10 (solved)
« on: January 17, 2017, 10:55:17 PM »
This took me awhile to find and fix, luckily I ran across the google groups posts which has since been closed and someone had found the issue for me already as I looked here and could not find a solution.  I figured I would post this to help any future users out with the same issue.

On a GT62VR MSI Laptop I could not get Voice Attack to hear me when all other application could hear me just fine.  The problem turned out to be the Nahimic 2 software that comes preloaded.  It appears to interfere with VA somehow.  Would love to know why and for it to VA to be able to work with it btw.

In any case, I just exited the software via the control panel icon and VA started hearing me and working fine.

Very frustrating thing to track down.  Hope this helps someone in the future.

Also in case you need extra help, I found the Google Groups to be a great resource of information.  It is at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/voiceattack

nertz

Re: MSI Laptop Not Hearing on Windows 10 (solved)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 12:00:06 PM »
Thank you. I was having the same problem on my desktop pc with a MSI motherboard. Shut off Nahimic and VA is working fine now. Thanks again  :)

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 12:46:13 PM »
Do you guys happen to know what the process name is in task manager before you turn of Nahimic?  I don't have a supported device, so I can't install it.  What I will do is add the process name to the usual suspects list and at least provide a warning when VA loads.

Rat

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 01:48:29 AM »
Do you guys happen to know what the process name is in task manager before you turn of Nahimic?

I have three processes showing up that relate to the program.  They are: 

Nahimic2Svc32.exe
Nahimic2Svc64.exe
Nahimic2UILauncher.exe

When I exit it they all go away so not sure which exact one is causing the conflict.  I think the last process is nothing more than the tray icon program that allows you to exit it.  The other two are windows services I think.

Let me know if you need more info.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 07:55:54 AM »
Cool.  Thank you for the info.  I will start by simply adding '*nahimic*' to the check list.  When you do a 'check for updates', it should pull down the latest check list, and should give a warning in the log if Nahimic is running.

Rat

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 08:50:19 PM »
should give a warning in the log if Nahimic is running.

Yep it caught it.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 09:53:35 PM »
Awesome!  Thank you for working with me on that :)