Author Topic: Plugin support  (Read 5806 times)

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Plugin support
« on: January 17, 2017, 12:47:43 AM »
Gary,

Could I request that plugin support is enabled by default instead of disabled please. Unless there's a good reason not to.

Also, if you install 2 of the same plugins into different folders then it causes va to crash when you click the edit profile. Could  some better handling for that scenario be added and some friendly user message. The reason this has popped up is because you're bind plugin was released at 2 different times with the HCS Astra profile, using 2 different folder names. Our fault of course but thought you might want to handle the crash better :)
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Antaniserse

• Global Moderator
    • My VA plugins
Re: Plugin support
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 07:04:07 AM »
Gary,

Could I request that plugin support is enabled by default instead of disabled please. Unless there's a good reason not to.
I think the simplest explanation is that plugin support is not available in the trial version, so having two different default settings based on registration status was an unneeded coding extra, considering you only need to turn it on once and it stays on...
"I am not perfect and neither was my career. In the end tennis is like life, messy."
Marat Safin

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 08:01:52 AM »
That's very true but try explaining to 50,000 people that they need to turn it on :) fun times indeed lol
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 09:02:17 AM »
I'm able to reproduce the problem with duplicate bindED plugins going.  I'll look into this.

If you turn off plugin support and then turn it back on again, there is a great big warning message that pops up.  Plugins are external assemblies that can really mess up your day, and this needs to be conveyed.  99% of VA users have no need or knowledge of plugins, so this warning box would be effectively an annoyance.  One can argue that SINCE 99% of VA users  have no need/knowledge of plugins, what would the harm be without the message?  I still feel compelled that the warning needs to be there (just like when you try to import commands that execute apps/inline functions or kill processes).

explaining to 50,000 people
  I have no idea what that feels like o_O

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 09:12:15 PM »
The, 'unofficial' build that is out there has the fix for duplicate plugin ids... first plugin that is picked up wins ;)

http://www.voiceattack.com/unofficial