Author Topic: Command waiting info  (Read 4209 times)

TheGrayFox

Command waiting info
« on: January 12, 2017, 08:34:18 PM »
When the log says, "Command waiting: Another command is not allowing others to execute."

Could you give us a way to see which command is blocking, and which command is being blocked?

Most of my commands allow other commands to run while executing. Sometimes I get this message and don't see where any of the commands I have that *do* block should even be running.  Most of the time it doesn't cause a problem but it certainly makes me curious.  ???

EDIT by Pfeil: Requested information was added to the log
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 08:20:11 AM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Command waiting info
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 08:50:03 PM »
I think at that point the blocked/canceled command can be presented.  I don't think there is access to the actual blocking command(s) from that level.  Might shed a little more light on things.

TheGrayFox

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 04:06:16 AM »
That would be good. I appreciate whatever you can do. My thinking is, there must be times I'm missing something in the way I think my commands are being executed. Maybe this will help me figure out the error of my ways...

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 09:25:42 AM »
This will be in the next beta, which I'm hoping to have out this weekend (or possibly tonight).

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 01:48:16 PM »
Latest beta is out there... let me know if that helps at all!

TheGrayFox

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 04:41:07 PM »
Yes, indeed.  Thanks a load for adding it.  I've already caught a couple of mistakes on my part.  In fact, I'm surprised I wasn't having more trouble but the commands involved aren't often used, so that saved me.

I had set a couple of commands up incorrectly because I didn't pay close enough attention to all the options I needed to set. They were executing *when* I anticipated but not *how* I anticipated. That's what I get for being in a rush.  I had some commands chained together, so I was having a bit of trouble sorting out exactly where things were going wrong.  This feature narrowed it down for me, allowing me to focus my attention where it needed to be.  I really do appreciate you taking the time to add it!

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 07:54:02 PM »
Cool.  I'm glad that helped.  I think the intent initially was that you would know what command you were dealing with because you just issued the command.  That's not always the case, as you have pointed out ;)