Author Topic: When I say "Astra" or "Hello Astra" - nothing happens  (Read 10354 times)

mendocinotim

When I say "Astra" or "Hello Astra" - nothing happens
« on: January 12, 2017, 03:01:03 PM »
I can't find it now, but I recall seeing a video demo of a.s.t.r.a. where she would respond when you call her name. However that is not working for me. Although, when I give a command like "Lights on" it does work.

Doesn't she respond to her own name?

When I say her name, the VoiceAttack window thinks I'm talking about an asterisk.
I have done the voice training four times so far.
It doesn't seem to help.

What am I doing wrong here?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: When I say "Astra" or "Hello Astra" - nothing happens
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 03:41:54 PM »
I'd like to be of more assistance, but as I play neither Elite nor Star Citizen, I don't own any HCS products.

You can wait for a VoiceAttack forum user that does, or ask on the HCS Voice Packs forum instead.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 04:38:01 PM »
I can't find it now, but I recall seeing a video demo of a.s.t.r.a. where she would respond when you call her name. However that is not working for me. Although, when I give a command like "Lights on" it does work.

Doesn't she respond to her own name?
Nope, not just as a single word.

Here are "non command" questions you can ask her about herself though:

"What is your name;What's your name;What do i call you"
"Who made you;Who designed you;Who is your maker"

When I say her name, the VoiceAttack window thinks I'm talking about an asterisk.
I have done the voice training four times so far.
It doesn't seem to help.

What am I doing wrong here?

You are doing nothing wrong, there just isn't the command for ASTRA to respond to "Hello ASTRA" or just "ASTRA".

mendocinotim

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 04:45:00 PM »
You are doing nothing wrong, there just isn't the command for ASTRA to respond to "Hello ASTRA" or just "ASTRA".
Well that's interesting.. I must'a been thinking about a demo someone did with one of the other HCS voices.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 05:11:22 PM »
Well that's interesting.. I must'a been thinking about a demo someone did with one of the other HCS voices.

Or it could have been a command that someone added to their own pack.

We *try* to avoid single word commands for starters, they are more prone to triggering accidentally.

Bobby Dj

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 10:51:02 PM »
I think HCS should consider adding it. It makes ASTRA more intimate & human like. Hopefully can turn into more sales. I'm new, know nothing of coding & still learning Voiceattack/Astra, but is it do able without needing additional program? I think to make command & response (only) should be simple enough, am I right? To make a randomized responses is another issue.

It was (and still is) there in the ASTRA demo video.

As for single word issue, I don't think "ASTRA" can be easily triggered by accident. I can be wrong though but then we have option ... "Hello ASTRA"..etc.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 12:54:08 PM »
I think HCS should consider adding it. It makes ASTRA more intimate & human like. Hopefully can turn into more sales. I'm new, know nothing of coding & still learning Voiceattack/Astra, but is it do able without needing additional program? I think to make command & response (only) should be simple enough, am I right? To make a randomized responses is another issue.

It was (and still is) there in the ASTRA demo video.

As for single word issue, I don't think "ASTRA" can be easily triggered by accident. I can be wrong though but then we have option ... "Hello ASTRA"..etc.

You would be surprised at what can be a false trigger... for me, it seems that scratching my nose is "Deploy Hardpoints"....

You don't need any special tools, just Voice Attack, and for random responses? Well, if the files are already present, there is a built in Voice Attack function for that!

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 04:22:53 PM »
What is your command weight set to?  I spoke with our good mutual streaming friends other day and he was wondering why every time he made a noise a command would execute...  turns out he had command weight set to 95.  That means the speech engine will make a best guess as to what sounds like speech over the mic.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 05:38:45 PM »
What is your command weight set to?  I spoke with our good mutual streaming friends other day and he was wondering why every time he made a noise a command would execute...  turns out he had command weight set to 95.  That means the speech engine will make a best guess as to what sounds like speech over the mic.

oh, for me? I have mine set pretty damn low, around 30ish, along with speech confidence of 30ish (I have a bad throat at the moment, I normally have it set to 60ish)

But to be honest, its just one of those things that doesn't happen *all* the time, and for me, I am used to the quirk ;)