Author Topic: Newbie issues- voice profile and general set up an installation  (Read 7543 times)

jzlako

Newbie issues- voice profile and general set up an installation
« on: January 03, 2017, 02:20:36 PM »
VoiceAttack demo version 1.6.1.

Hello all,

I'm a new user just setting VoiceAttack up. I installed the software. Unfortunately I did not create or train a user profile while installing the software. Now when I start VoiceAttack all I see is Myprofile listed as my user profile. The problem is if I attempt to create a new voice profile or train the existing profile it is grayed out. I can't do anything under the menu/icon with the plus sign next to the tablet and pen because everything listed is grayed out.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software but I did not get the option to train the user profile again upon installation. I did go into Microsoft speech recognition and I was able to train the profile there once by reading the text and doing the microphone wizard. I only did it once. Is there any reason to do it again? And is this where I should train the profiles or should I train voice profiles from within VoiceAttack? I have not yet created any of my own commands if this makes a difference (because it's grayed out). I set the VoiceAttack icon as administrator. I'm hoping to try it with the video games Witcher 3 Wild Heart and Tom Clancy's the Division and Assassins Creed series video games. Are there any voice packs available for these games anywhere? Did anyone have any VoiceAttack success stories with these games?

System Info:
Intel 6500
Windows 10 Professional
8 GB of memory.
Nvidia 740 GT graphics card.

Thank you,

Jzlako

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Newbie issues- voice profile and general set up an installation
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 03:41:26 PM »
if I attempt to create a new voice profile or train the existing profile it is grayed out. I can't do anything under the menu/icon with the plus sign next to the tablet and pen because everything listed is grayed out.
Demo users cannot create, export, import, or delete profiles; As the "Thank you for trying VoiceAttack!" welcome screen tells you: "Only one profile with twenty commands is available".

However, you are free to use the button to modify or add to the existing profile, up to a total of twenty different commands.

I did go into Microsoft speech recognition and I was able to train the profile there once by reading the text and doing the microphone wizard. I only did it once. Is there any reason to do it again? And is this where I should train the profiles or should I train voice profiles from within VoiceAttack?
VoiceAttack uses the Microsoft Speech Recognition engine, so the training in the control panel is also what VoiceAttack would've had you do.

You're not required to complete the training more than once; If you find the speech engine has trouble understanding you when trying to execute commands, you can run it again to potentially improve recognition accuracy.

It is not necessary to retrain the Speech Recognition engine for new profiles or commands.

I'm hoping to try it with the video games Witcher 3 Wild Heart and Tom Clancy's the Division and Assassins Creed series video games. Are there any voice packs available for these games anywhere? Did anyone have any VoiceAttack success stories with these games?
Professionally voice acted and scripted packs are available for Elite:Dangerous and Star Citizen(from HCS Voice Packs); These games in particular are well suited to such a product, as the paradigm of a "virtual assistant" fits the Sci-fi theme.

For other games, you may be able to find regular profiles, which can press buttons or automate tasks for you, but if they have audible feedback they're likely to utilize text-to-speech rather than prerecorded sounds.

jzlako

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 03:19:24 PM »
Thank you for the response, I had thought the 20 commands were editable and applicable to any game for the trial period.

jzlako

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 03:27:12 PM »
I had thought the 20 commands were editable and applicable to any game for the trial period.
Just to be clear, yes, they are. It's profiles you can't create more of, commands on the other hand can be created or modified(you can delete or edit the example commands as well) up to 20 different commands, each command applicable to any game you wish.

Also, the trial period is indefinite. You can evaluate VoiceAttack as long as you like, but with the single profile, 20 command restriction.