Author Topic: What happened to multi key entry?  (Read 6063 times)

tryst

What happened to multi key entry?
« on: December 29, 2016, 01:37:16 AM »
I remember a while back that VA had a means to enter multiple key presses ie: press down key x times and allowing a pause between each press all as one command.

From what I can see now, it appears to have taken a step backwards so pressing down 72 times to auto-navigate a menu requires 144 commands like it did when I first used it:
Press Down
Pause
Press Down
Pause

OMG, by the time I've created all the voice commands I want, We're going to have full AI computer systems capable of doing everything for you anyway.

mikelimtw

Re: What happened to multi key entry?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 02:51:29 AM »
I remember a while back that VA had a means to enter multiple key presses ie: press down key x times and allowing a pause between each press all as one command.

From what I can see now, it appears to have taken a step backwards so pressing down 72 times to auto-navigate a menu requires 144 commands like it did when I first used it:
Press Down
Pause
Press Down
Pause

OMG, by the time I've created all the voice commands I want, We're going to have full AI computer systems capable of doing everything for you anyway.

You know, you can set up loops now to do this...

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 07:02:41 AM »

From what I can see now, it appears to have taken a step backwards so pressing down 72 times to auto-navigate a menu requires 144 commands like it did when I first used it
I'm going to assume by "as one command", you mean entering keys by pressing them in sequence, rather than manually adding "Keypress" and "Pause" actions. You can do this using the "Recorder" button on the left hand side of the "Add/Edit/Duplicate a Command" window.

you can set up loops now to do this
This can be an attractive option for repeated keypresses, menu navigation in particular:
Code: [Select]
Set small int (condition) [LoopCount] value to 10
Start Loop While : [LoopCount] Does Not Equal 0
Press S key and hold for 0,06 seconds and release
Set small int (condition) [LoopCount] value as decremented by 1
End Loop
You can change the first "Set small int" action to set how many times the keypress should repeat, and modify and/or add any actions between "Start Loop" and the second occurance of "Set small int" for the required keypresses and pauses.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 08:52:16 AM »
For the record, VA has never had a, 'press key x times' action.  You can have a command that presses a key and have that command repeat some number of times.