Author Topic: [v1.6.1] no sound responses when elite dangerous 2.2 launched  (Read 6690 times)

ANDYRAPTOR

[v1.6.1] no sound responses when elite dangerous 2.2 launched
« on: December 17, 2016, 09:41:45 AM »
Hi everyone  :D

Having a really hard time figuring out this problem. My voice attack profile was working perfectly up until the latest patch of elite dangerous.

I no longer get any voice/sound responses when a command is given. The command/keystroke(s) work fine but still no sound response.

If I have no elite dangerous client running.... just the launcher open.... everything works just fine

HELP !!!!! it's driving me nuts !!!!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 04:12:09 AM by ANDYRAPTOR »

ANDYRAPTOR

Re: [v1.6.1] no sound responses when elite dangerous 2.2 launched
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 04:12:42 AM »
Anyone tech enough to make a suggestion?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 06:19:00 AM »
Is it your profile, or is it a prebuilt profile from HCS Voice Packs or something similar?

Where are your sounds stored?

Which action are you using to play your sound within VoiceAttack?

Anyone tech enough to make a suggestion?

ANDYRAPTOR

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 08:57:20 AM »
I'm very chilled   ;D

Thanks for the reply

It's my own profile.... I made it and tweaked it shortly after first getting VA ( a few weeks after VA was released)

Sounds are stored in the default location ... C:/Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds

Just to confirm ... that VA works quite nicely... ie commands are executed and a sound response is given as well... WHEN the Elite Dangerous client is NOT running.

Once I launch Elite Dangerous (2.2... ) commands execute but NO sound response.

If I close and return to desktop VA works 100% again.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 09:21:27 AM »
In the "Advanced" tab of the properties for your default playback device, do you have "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" checked?

Perhaps also worth verifying is that other external sounds, like music from a media player, or something playing in a browser, do still work with Elite running.

ANDYRAPTOR

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 11:26:02 AM »
appreciate the help  :)

ok

unchecked "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"... no change

started browser and random youtube channel.... NO sound whilst Elite client running

looks like the Elite client is the problem ?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 12:48:25 PM »
That's what I wanted to know. In that case it's unlikely to be a VoiceAttack issue.

You'll have to contact Frontier support and see if they can provide further assistance.

A quick google didn't bring up similar issues, but if it's only the latest patch it may not be widespread yet, especially if it's specific to certain configurations.

ANDYRAPTOR

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 01:17:50 PM »
just heaps of thanks with the help

with the elimination of VA as the fault here I can concentrate efforts towards FRONTIER SUPPORT

my Google efforts, before coming here, only turned up old issues from 2 years ago... none of which fitted

once again thanks   :D

If I do find a fix... I will post it here