Author Topic: Commands unrecognised that were working before (DEMO)  (Read 2820 times)

ralf44

Commands unrecognised that were working before (DEMO)
« on: December 13, 2016, 12:48:01 PM »
@Gary in the Unregistered version of VA, some commands which had been repeatedly tested suddenly stopped working with a Log message "command unrecognized."

I suspect that this could be because I had added a dynamic command that receives [2..30] input and the Demo version of VA caps the number of commands, but there was no feedback from the program to say that this was the case.

My point is that the Demo version should display/log "Please register to use this many commands" instead of just saying "command unrecognised" in this case.

I also notice that the collapse/expand Dynamic Commands button does not fully function (again, in the Unregistered version).

If I make a command like "[Captain;Sir]" with no other text it will correctly expand to two commands in the Profile overview, but if I change it to "*[Captain;Sir;] [1..50]*" it will not expand to show hundreds and no message is displayed to say that the limits of the Demo have been exceeded... in fact in my test, the many variant command phrases are being accepted but some other commands become Unrecognised as outlined above and my Profile overview still says I have 6 commands total, whether I Expand it or not.

I have now paid for a license key so hope this will no longer affect me but I think it is something you could error-trap and log.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Commands unrecognised that were working before (DEMO)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 02:00:13 PM »
Thanks!  I'll look into it.

ralf44

Re: Commands unrecognised that were working before (DEMO)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 10:30:59 AM »
@Gary registering did not make the commands start working again. I believe that the problem relates to using wildcards in recognition phrases and see that this is an unsupported feature of VA, so I have developed workarounds.