Author Topic: Voice Attack Picking Up Windows Audio  (Read 8507 times)

Fractal_Shard

Voice Attack Picking Up Windows Audio
« on: December 10, 2016, 04:47:48 PM »
Hello, my voice attack keeps picking up desktop audio such as, music, youtube videos, game audio, ect. I've looked high and low in the settings and cant find any setting that would make it do this, I use a headset with mic and have even muted the microphone audio, and yet it still picks up system audio. Ive tried multiple headsets, all of have the same result. Ive made sure that the input its receiving is set to my microphone, dousnt help. Iv scoured google trying to find an similar issue and havnt been able to find one. Your help would be greatly appreciated

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Voice Attack Picking Up Windows Audio
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 04:57:13 PM »
So your default recording device is the microphone input? Not "Stereo Mix" or "What U Hear" or something similar?

I've not seen the microphone input get combined with something else unless "Listen to this device" is checked and you can hear yourself talking.

Is there nothing at all in the driver configuration panel that would affect this?

Fractal_Shard

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 07:03:40 PM »
My default device is my microphone and im not running any thing like virtual audio cables, microphone listen is off, and the drivers are up to date and not tweaked

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 04:05:52 AM »
Very strange indeed.

I would assume it occurs outside of VoiceAttack as well, have you tried using the Sound Recorder(or "Voice Recorder" in Win10) to "see" what it hears?

Fractal_Shard

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 08:31:02 PM »
it dousnt happen on anything other than just voice attack itself, audacity didnt do it, and well as many other recording programs

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 11:34:14 PM »
Make sure you run through this thread:  http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=63.0

That will outline how to set up your microphone so that the Windows speech engine will work properly.  If the problem still persists, the speech engine input is being fed by some other audio source on your system in some strange fashion.  You may want to try disabling each attached device (physical and virtual) to see if that helps.

Fractal_Shard

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 02:48:56 PM »
cant find anything in there that woul route the audio to the mic, i have figured out that the problem is with windows itself and not voice attack, heres a screenshot if it actually picking up my speaker audio while the mic is muted
https://gyazo.com/7c5f722a652e94e7191ac4f5320c12a3
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 06:01:13 PM by Fractal_Shard »

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 02:56:08 PM »
What style of mic is it that you are using?

USB/3.5mm? Desktop/headset/webcam mic?

Fractal_Shard

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 06:00:45 PM »
3.5mm headset

ralf44

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 12:49:56 PM »
Is audio leaking out from your headphones?

If you set your headphone volume to around 5% so you can barely hear it, does the problem stay  the same?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 02:31:07 PM »
Is audio leaking out from your headphones?

I use a headset with mic and have even muted the microphone audio, and yet it still picks up system audio.