Author Topic: 1.6 slowness, crashes etc  (Read 20339 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: 1.6 slowness, crashes etc
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2016, 02:17:05 AM »
when I removed the two files you mentioned and rebooted VA just stopped processing Joystick button presses. It made no difference to the speed of processing voice commands and TTs responses. They were the same speed as normal i.e. slow'ish and no where near as fast as it can be SOMETIMES.
When you experience these slowdowns, do you have "Use Nested Tokens" enabled?

Andydigital

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2016, 02:30:59 AM »
Already tried with and without nested enabled, makes zero difference.

At worse when it's really slow it can make a small task take 7 seconds to complete and at best that same command takes less than a second to complete. All that task is doing is pressing a single key 7 times and then saying something via a recorded wav file.

I've only ever seen the complete lock up of a command on about 2 occasions and it only stopped for about 10 seconds. What I see is slow processing of just about everything for the whole afternoon regardless of how many times I restart VA Elite or the PC. Yesterday morning it went for 4 hours where it was running much faster than normal and it was great. But the majority of the time it's just average or very slow.

The game itself it running fine all the time at 60 fps and any joystick buttons assigned directly to the game are practically latency free.

badbud65

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2016, 09:34:54 AM »
when I removed the two files you mentioned and rebooted VA just stopped processing Joystick button presses. It made no difference to the speed of processing voice commands and TTs responses. They were the same speed as normal i.e. slow'ish and no where near as fast as it can be SOMETIMES.
When you experience these slowdowns, do you have "Use Nested Tokens" enabled?

As per post: http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=598.msg3068#msg3068 I've tried everything that has been suggested to check and nothing has resolved the issue thus far.

I've also run the sfc /scannow and no issues were fond at all, which is what I'd expect considering this is a new install from less than 3 weeks ago.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2016, 09:45:41 AM »
I'm not even sure how to direct you from this point.  If a reboot makes VA work like it's supposed to for four hours straight, I'm having a hard time thinking it's VA and not an system thing, unless there is a command or series of commands that VA can not handle.  I will keep this thread open in case there are more cases like this and we can try to come up with a common cause.  The closest thing I to this I can recall was when people were using Cereproc tts voices and if the instance count was over 5 the tts engine would cease up and everything would slow down.  I added the, 'Single TTS instance' option for that case.  You can try using that to see if it makes a difference (never hurts).

Andydigital

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2016, 10:00:40 AM »
A reboot doesn't fix anything, it can go straight back to running slow, in fact most of the time that's exactly how it is after a reboot. Sometimes it will work fine for a few hours but those cases are probably only 1 in 10 runs, perhaps even rarer. I've tried running with the single TTS option selected too and that makes zero difference unfortunately. I'm using Ivona Amy TTS, the one HCS used themselves to make ASTRA.

IF it's a system fault then 100% of the current beta team for this particular pack have the fault at some point.

badbud65

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2016, 10:07:29 AM »
I belive the rebooting issue is coincidental due to the random nature of this problem, as VA is sometimes fine and then slow.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2016, 10:27:37 AM »
I may have asked this already, and you may have already answered this (there's a lot going on in this thread), but have we tried this without a voice pack?

Andydigital

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2016, 10:38:59 AM »
I've tried it with my own profile (and with other HCS default profiles) with just one action in it just to press a single key to enable and disable TrackIR and it's still slow sometimes, the slow down isn't as pronounced but the speed is still variable from one session to another. I'd need to do more testing though to be absolutely positive.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2016, 02:44:02 PM »
interestingly, Andydigital has wiped his pc and installed win 7 instead of win 10 and all his issues have currently gone away. Whether it was a win10 issue or his pc I don't know but that's something atleast. Others on win10 are still having problems though.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.