Author Topic: 1.5 beta/1.6 Num Lock doesn't toggle anymore  (Read 3285 times)

Uvelius_S

1.5 beta/1.6 Num Lock doesn't toggle anymore
« on: November 14, 2016, 09:59:05 AM »
First of all, thanks for the fantastic job with VoiceAttack! It is really a great helper and fun to play with.

When setting NumLock to toggle Voice Attack's listening (which I find nice since the keyboard light shows whether it's active), I observed that VA does not recognise the key anymore.
It did work at 1.5beta since some days ago, then it wouldn't work anymore now and then; newly assigning NumLock through the VA Settings solved the problem, though.
Right now after 1.6 NumLock does not seem to work at all anymore, even when clearing and reassigning the Hotkey.

Any idea?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: 1.5 beta/1.6 Num Lock doesn't toggle anymore
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 12:51:00 PM »
If it's not a hotkey override set in the profile, or keyboard shortcuts being disabled, you can try moving the contents of "%LOCALAPPDATA%\VoiceAttack.com\" to a temporary location.

This should not affect your profiles, however you can also back those up by copying the contents of "%APPDATA%/VoiceAttack/" to a safe location.

VoiceAttack will start in demo mode and generate a new settings file. Here you can again attempt to map your hotkey.

Uvelius_S

Re: 1.5 beta/1.6 Num Lock doesn't toggle anymore
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 01:37:12 AM »
Thanks for the advice! I will try.