Author Topic: New commands to existing profile don't execute  (Read 5703 times)

ecued

New commands to existing profile don't execute
« on: November 06, 2016, 03:23:34 PM »
title pretty much says it all. Old commands on profile work fine new ones do not. One of the new commands i'm trying to alt+tab back to windows, I can see that that could cause some problems, but the other is a simple keystroke, number pad enter, can't get either to execute, they are recognized. any body know whats up, i'm sure its something dumb since i haven't added new commands in a while.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: New commands to existing profile don't execute
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 04:01:13 PM »
Well... that's certainly a new one.

I would normally say to run as an administrator, but that's just totally weird.  What version of VA are you using?

ecued

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 04:41:02 PM »
i'm on v 1.5.12 i got it set to check for updates hasn't askec me yet that i remember.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 04:44:23 PM »
So, in one profile, you have command, 'A' and it works just fine and if you add a command, 'B', it does not run through the steps?

Have you tried duplicating command, 'A' to see if it works?  Also, you might want to look at your process targets (send commands to...) in each of your commands and make sure they are pointing to the right applications.

ecued

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 05:09:08 PM »
I changed the command and took it off the number pad, maybe the program can't distinguish between number pad enter and enter. I tried the same command earlier, i changed it to 9, but it didn't work, it's working now. still can't get alt+tab to function correctly, it looks like its trying to do it but i just end up back in game and it turns my other monitor off sometimes, I think my rig is possessed.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 05:31:44 PM »
Alt + tab may depend on your version of Windows, plus it requires a little more than just hitting Alt + Tab from what I recall (may require some level of pause, as just doing an ALT+Tab keypress happens very fast).

EDIT:  This works for me under Windows 10 (may work under Windows 7, maybe not under Windows 8 ):

Press Left Alt+Tab keys and hold for 0.500 seconds and release
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 05:36:07 PM by Gary »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 05:42:56 PM »
i just end up back in game and it turns my other monitor off sometimes, I think my rig is possessed.
If the monitor's going black(not actually going into standby), this is normal(if annoying) for multi monitor setups running fullscreen games.

The game will try(and sometimes fail) to force "exclusive fullscreen" to maximize performance, in theory. You can attempt to override this in the application that comes with your video card drivers, but I've had limited success with it.

In addition, some games have trouble alt-tabbing when fullscreen(or actively interfere with the combination in any mode). I've found it more reliable to use the "Perform a Window Function" action to switch focus to another window(VoiceAttack itself for example).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 05:46:27 PM by Pfeil »

moleyrussell

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 07:47:54 PM »
title pretty much says it all. Old commands on profile work fine new ones do not. One of the new commands i'm trying to alt+tab back to windows, I can see that that could cause some problems, but the other is a simple keystroke, number pad enter, can't get either to execute, they are recognized. any body know whats up, i'm sure its something dumb since i haven't added new commands in a while.

I'm having the same problem. Using ver 1.512.  New command works when tested in wordpad (as active window), but won't execute in-game(elite dangerous). Key bindings all match and work on keyboard press, and the rest of the existing profile is fine.
So, everything appears to be working, but it's not working.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 08:00:38 PM »
I'm having the same problem. Using ver 1.512.
Are these new keypresses set to either "Standard" or "DirectX", identical to the old ones?

moleyrussell

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 05:20:17 PM »
I'm having the same problem. Using ver 1.512.
Are these new keypresses set to either "Standard" or "DirectX", identical to the old ones?
wow. i thought i had checked that off, but that was the problem. had them set to "standard". changed to directx and it works perfectly. thanks
great product, btw
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 05:34:23 PM by moleyrussell »