Author Topic: Execute command not working anymore ?  (Read 5071 times)

J. Calvert (Joshua)

Execute command not working anymore ?
« on: November 06, 2016, 01:40:04 AM »
Hi, is it me or is the Right-mouseclick Execute while editing a profile not working anymore since a couple of Betas ago ?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Execute command not working anymore ?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 08:33:16 AM »
Keyboard and mouse shortcuts are disabled(though this is not visually represented in the main window) when editing a profile. Though it's been that way for a while now, as far as I'm aware(At least back to beta v1.5.12.11).

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 08:44:54 AM »
When the Edit Profile screen is open, I'm able to right-click execute commands.  It's how I usually test stuff.

I'm trying this with the list grouped/ungrouped plus multipart expanded/not expanded.

Keyboard and mouse shortcuts are disabled when a command is edited, is what I think Pfeil was referring to.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:53:12 AM by Gary »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 09:09:58 AM »
Keyboard and mouse shortcuts are disabled when a command is edited, is what I think Pfeil was referring to.
When a profile is edited, actually.

Now I see this is referring to the context menu action "Execute", rather than executing commands using the right mouse button as a shortcut. Using this context menu action is and has been working fine for me up to the latest beta(v1.5.12.32).

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 09:12:42 AM »
Sorry... I keep confusing the VA mouse/keyboard shortcuts with Windows shortcuts.  ::foggy::

Hey, Josh... does it do this with all commands in all profiles?

J. Calvert (Joshua)

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 10:09:27 AM »
Sorry... I keep confusing the VA mouse/keyboard shortcuts with Windows shortcuts.  ::foggy::

Hey, Josh... does it do this with all commands in all profiles?

Hi Gary,
Yes, it's not working in all profiles. To test it further I created a new profile with just one command that uses TTS to say "Hello" and writes "Hello" to the log. This command works fine if I say the command or press the key I've assigned to it. But when I'm in the edit profile screen, right-click on the command and press Excecute nothing happens, no speech and no log entry. I'm using the latest Beta .32 (but I noticed it in previous Betas also) and tried with starting VA normal or as administrator. As a workaround I assign a key to the command I want to test so it's not a big problem but I was just curious if it's a bug or if something's wrong in my case.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 05:53:57 PM »
If you are trying to execute a prefix or suffix, it wont work.

I'm trying this screen all kinds of ways and I am not able to make it not execute.  I know this may sound strange, but would you be willing to send me a screenshot of your profile edit screen to support@voiceattack.com?  Maybe there's a crazy combination of things that might contribute to this that I'm not hitting.  Weird o_O

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 10:47:29 AM »
Hi, Josh.

Do me a favor and check your options... look on the last tab (system/advanced) and see if the, 'stop running commands when editing' is set.  Uncheck that if it is checked.  Looks like that will prevent commands from running (since you're editing).

This will need a log warning lol ;)

J. Calvert (Joshua)

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 10:59:55 AM »
Hi Gary,
That was it. I had it set and after unchecking it executing commands while editing works again  :)

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 01:04:22 PM »
Cool.  I'll make sure there is a log warning from here on out.  That would have tripped me up, too.