Author Topic: VA stops receiving mic signal after few min?  (Read 4646 times)

Chiifin

VA stops receiving mic signal after few min?
« on: November 02, 2016, 07:04:08 AM »
Good day,

I use voiceattack at home on windows 10 with no problems- yet, as I am a new user and still learning. However, I thought I'd see if it could also be handy at work, so I installed it here on windows 7 and after 5-10 minutes of using VoiceAttack, it nolonger recognizes any sounds from the mic. When I go to sound options, you can see it clear as day- the sound level going up and down. So the mic is definitely on, it's just VoiceAttack not registering it anymore. I do have TeamViewer installed, and it said it may run with some problems but I now keep it closed.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA stops receiving mic signal after few min?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 09:47:33 AM »
Hi, Chiffin.

Make sure you take a run through this thread, as it could be something as simple as a configuration:

http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=63.0

Hope that helps!

Chiifin

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 11:10:59 AM »
Didn't have to do it on my pc at home, however, I did in fact do all of that.

I actually posted this first but then 3 min later I found that post you linked and I followed all of those steps. Didn't help. Would it be any more helpful to know this mic is a webcam ? Still, like I said, I click on recording devices and it still shows it picking up audio. /shrug

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 05:01:18 PM »
Shot in the dark here, but may be some help (a thread that was evolving the same time as this one) :

http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=552.0

Chiifin

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 01:55:04 PM »
I checked out my audio driver and I tried to update drive via control panel but it just loads and never completes.

Do I even need to update the audio driver ? This is going through a webcam via USB. Also, earlier I tried running VA in compatability mode for Windows XP. It seemed to run longer, but it still failed. This time, though, I saw VA sound input was frozen with the sound meter peg'd to the right in black. So maybe all this time it wasn't turning off, but maybe it was freezing and it just so happened to be when the room was quiet ??

(I found a possible driver from Realtek.com I am installing as we speak- work pc is slow)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 01:59:57 PM by Chiifin »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 06:48:52 PM »
Was this resolved, Chiffin?

I'm not quite sure on how to direct you from here, other than to make sure your webcam is the default device and make sure the volume is not too high.