Author Topic: Sound quality when using VA  (Read 3734 times)

baal80spam

Sound quality when using VA
« on: October 20, 2016, 01:12:21 PM »
Whenever I start VA, the sound quality immediately drops and the bass is nonexistent. As soon as I close VA, everything goes back to normal.

I use nonregistered version but frankly speaking this issue is what keeps me from buying this otherwise fantastic piece of software.

Any tips?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Sound quality when using VA
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 03:53:50 PM »
Past experiences with situations like this have pointed to some type of third-party application that could be interfering.  Are you running anything like SonicStudio or sound application in the background?

baal80spam

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 01:02:33 AM »
Yes, actually I'm using Creative Soundblaster application for my soundcard.

When I get back home I will try to disable it and see how it goes. Nevertheless, that is not a solution I expected as this application enhances my audio experience, normalizes sound volume etc.

baal80spam

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 01:23:19 PM »
Hello,

I have checked VA with no other sound apps and fortunately this doesn't seem to be the problem - my audio quality still drops the same. I have to say the most noticeable is the complete bass cutoff.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 05:00:50 PM »
Something in your system is being affected by the speech engine being turned on.  There's really not much advice I can offer, as this is a rather atypical situation (and which being Windows could be any number of a billion things).  It could be as simple as installing updated drivers, or even training the speech engine again in a quiet environment.  I would try selecting the 'disable adaptive recognition' and 'disable acoustic echo cancellation' options to see if that helps at all.

baal80spam

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 05:57:08 AM »
Something is definitely off, since when I open Windows Volume Mixer and click on Recording tab, bass disappears. When I click on Playback tab, it's all good again. This is with VA not started so it's not VA-related.

Well, bummer. Too bad really, the ability to control PC using voice is great.