Author Topic: I think something is stealing focus  (Read 7144 times)

DumAss1991

I think something is stealing focus
« on: October 15, 2016, 12:05:10 AM »
Every time I issue a recognized command in Star citizen it minimize and looks like I hit Alt-Tab and the command doesn't work in game.

I've trained the speech engine, i'm running voice attack as an administrator, I have not figured out how to swap all command  key input methods from directX to Standard, but I think that the commands are supposed in directX, all of the commands I've checked have been directX.

I'm using the HCS Kate 2.4 full house voice pack.

I've made a couple of videos to help illustrate the problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ouymwhkWnU&t=38s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWmBycdFUwM&feature=youtu.be

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: I think something is stealing focus
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 01:28:28 AM »
If you don't have anything running in the foreground that may be doing it, like Gary suggested, what is your command target set to?

The option to manually select DirectX or Standard keypresses has been removed from beta v1.5.12.7 onward. You could consider upgrading to the beta, though I doubt that's the cause of your issue.

One thing I'd like you to try before messing around with the command target is to run the following action:
Code: [Select]
Write '[Purple] Active Window: {ACTIVEWINDOWTITLE} from process {ACTIVEWINDOWPROCESSNAME}' to log
If you run this while you're using Star Citizen, and the window/process are not Star Citizen, that's likely the culprit.

DumAss1991

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 11:36:01 PM »
It looks like the command target is set to Active window.

Sorry i'm not very good with computers, were and how do I run the action?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 03:42:43 AM »
I've attached a command that includes said action.

You can import it as a command by using the "Import Commands" button on the left bottom corner of the "Edit a Profile" window(Opened by clicking the "Pencil in a square"/"Square smoking a cigar" icon on VoiceAttack's main window).

Once it's imported, start Star Citizen as you normally would, and speak the phrase "Show active window". The log will show which window and which process commands would normally be sent to.

DumAss1991

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 08:18:29 PM »
OK got it, it's showing

3:15:59 PM - Active Window: "Star Citizen" from process "StarCitizen"

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 10:02:55 PM »
By golly, it IS a square smoking a cigar o_O

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 08:47:35 AM »
it's showing
3:15:59 PM - Active Window: "Star Citizen" from process "StarCitizen"
So the command target is correct, that's good and bad. It'd have been an easy fix, but it's something else, apparently.

Have you tried another fullscreen application? Have you tried using a non-HCS profile(Just make a command that presses a key, see what happens)?

By golly, it IS a square smoking a cigar o_O
I'm sure it's unintentional.

EDIT: Fixed image links
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:46:50 PM by Pfeil »

DumAss1991

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 11:18:43 PM »
I created a command that just clicked the letter t, and the same thing happened, I've tried the new commend on other games and it's the same thing.

If it helps I recorded it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHfnFVc9xlY&feature=youtu.be

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 09:15:02 AM »
I created a command that just clicked the letter t, and the same thing happened, I've tried the new commend on other games and it's the same thing.

If it helps I recorded it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHfnFVc9xlY&feature=youtu.be

You did have voice attack set to send commands to Voice Attack (drop down box in the top right of the Voice Attack window). So working as intended....

What happens if you set the drop down box to "active window" (which means it will go to the active application)?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 10:29:37 AM »
You did have voice attack set to send commands to Voice Attack (drop down box in the top right of the Voice Attack window). So working as intended....
I do believe you're cracked it. I've never changed that option, wouldn't have thought to look there. Looking at the earlier videos, that option has always been set that way.

So yeah, set VoiceAttack to not send input to itself, that'll likely solve your issue.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 10:34:07 AM by Pfeil »

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 11:52:41 AM »
To be honest, the first video had the webcam covering the right hand side of the voice attack window. And if you watched that video you might not have watched the second video...

DumAss1991

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 01:10:31 AM »
Holy crap, thank you, I can't believe it was that simple, now I just have to memorize the commands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkaVNprdyVQ&feature=youtu.be