Author Topic: Games that can be played exclusively with VA and still feel intuitive/immersive  (Read 145 times)

Squiggly

Hello, I've seen similar threads here, but they might be a bit old and I'm not sure if they included the intuitive and immersive aspects.

For example, I would love to play games like Darkest Dungeon and XCom. However, I find the idea of managing 28 heroes in DD via voice daunting (and I may find that saying 'skill 1 or 1 - enemy 1', 'skill 2' etc. breaks immersion). Also, XCom camera & mouse control feels awkward (maybe it's something I could adjust to with a better profile), but yea, the mouse...

Examples of intuitive compatibility that work with VA for me:

Faster Than Light: ship control feels more intuitive than playing with mouse; powering up and down systems etc. However, it does require a little mouse control when telling units to go places and aiming at enemy ships (unless you map every ship type, which I may end up doing). Mouse control is also needed when picking where to jump and managing the ship's doors. This one is my favourite although I don't have 100% VA control (It will be around 95% if I map all ships).

The Dungeon beneath seems to work well too (100% VA control).

Shogun Showdown is another one (100% VA control). I wish the skills were numbered in keyboard control so I didn't have to say, right, left, left left, right right etc., but that might get implemented as it just came out of EA.

Edit: The reason these games don't break immersion for me is because what I instruct via voice is what is happening on screen: I'm not repeating abstract words like 'skill 1, enemy 1'. In FTL I'm powering up and down specific systems and managing positioning; in the dungeon beneath I'm managing positioning ('move to front left, back middle, attack' etc.) and in SS I'm also mainly managing positioning (e.g., 'step left, turn, attack)' etc.

Anybody got any other suggestions of games that are not only playable, but feel intuitive and immersive when playing either exclusively or almost exclusively with VA? Of course what is considered intuitive/immersive will vary person to person, but all points of view are welcome (even if your go to games are DD/Xcom - I would like to hear a perspective on that). I'm new to VA and would really like to expand my, 95-100% playable while using only VA, game library. So... What's everybody playing?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2024, 11:15:28 PM by Squiggly »