Author Topic: Typing commands instead of speaking  (Read 94 times)

ramiroelliot

Typing commands instead of speaking
« on: September 30, 2024, 02:39:48 AM »
I don't know if it's my audio setup or my voice, but even with a lot of effort training Windows speech recognition, it generally takes VA 5-6 repetitions to react to even a very short spoken command; anything longer than that is hopeless. I use keyboard shortcuts instead, but there's a very limited space of key combinations I can use without interfering with other applications.

Ideally, what I'd use is a sort of console interface - one keyboard shortcut to bring up a text prompt, and whatever I enter is treated like a spoken command.

Is there any plugin that can do that?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Typing commands instead of speaking
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2024, 02:46:15 AM »
You could use the "Get User Input - Text" action to display an input window, but that's going to require switching focus from the current application to that window. It may also pop under and blink the taskbar entry, which is a Windows thing not specific to VoiceAttack.

The "Execute by name (Advanced)" option of the "Execute Another Command" action executes a command almost as if it was spoken, E.G. if you have a command with the phrase "my command [one;two]", you'd use "my command one", or "my command two".

Having that many issues with speech recognition wouldn't be considered normal, for the record.

Have you tried Speech Platform 11? Some users have reported that worked more consistently for them. It cannot be/does not need to be trained. The tradeoff being that it doesn't have dictation capabilities.