Author Topic: VA Intermittently Crashes Back To Desktop  (Read 201 times)

mkel2010

VA Intermittently Crashes Back To Desktop
« on: July 04, 2024, 02:38:10 PM »
I'm using VA with the JanJan DCS Plugin, along with a profile that I created to cover some things that JanJan does not. I've been getting intermittent crashes usually while giving a command from the profile that I created. VA will just crash back to the desktop, usually right after completing the command or during processing of the command. I've been working with JanJan's developer but I also wanted to report this here.

In reviewing the Windows Event Logs, the same three errors are thrown each time VA crashes. I've copied the contents of each event into a text file attached below. While the VA specific error points to the JanJan plugin, the other errors are pointing to .NET Runtime and a .dll error.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA Intermittently Crashes Back To Desktop
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2024, 06:03:44 PM »
Hi, mkel2010

According to the log (thank you for providing that, btw), the error is occurring in the JanJan plugin.  Since plugins are run as part of VoiceAttack's process, errors from within a plugin will cause the entire application to crash.   All three errors occur within a second of each other, so, it's safe to say that they are related.  This is something that can only be addressed by the plugin author, unfortunately.

mkel2010

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2024, 08:48:45 PM »
Thank you. I;ll pass that on. Do the logs give you any indication where the problem might be?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2024, 08:58:11 PM »
The call JanJan_DCS.sharedMem.MyReadBios.GetTheMagicalNumbers(UInt16 controlAddress, UInt16 control_mask, UInt16 controlShift, Int32 bytePosition, UInt16[] ushortData, Byte[] data) is trying to access a value that is outside of the bounds of an array (System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array).

What that usually indicates is that an array is empty when it was not expected to be.

Hope that helps!