Author Topic: Virtual joystick output plugin issue  (Read 1960 times)

Birtdawg

Virtual joystick output plugin issue
« on: February 18, 2024, 06:42:44 PM »
I was looking for a method to use a voice command that would output a controller action and came across the forum regarding the virtual joystick output plugin. The main game that I am attempting to use it for is Fortnite, but I am looking to use this for other games as well. I'm currently having an issue with the plug in. I believe that I have installed it correctly as when I attempt a command it lights up in the monitor application, but the action does not happen in game. I have set the context for the correct button and it is correctly displayed in the monitor application, but in Fortnite nothing happens. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Virtual joystick output plugin issue
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 07:18:18 PM »
Hi, there.

If you are issuing a command in VoiceAttack, and vJoy's monitor app is displaying the appropriate button/pov/axis, then the plugin is installed properly and is working.  You'll want to make sure that Fortnite has the vJoy device selected as its controller for input.

Birtdawg

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 08:25:28 PM »
Ok,thank you!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 02:48:24 AM »
I have no personal experience with vJoy, but as far as I'm personally aware, vJoy itself provides DirectInput devices, I.E. joystick devices.

Games that are designed for Xbox-style controllers instead use XInput, and usually don't implement DirectInput joystick support at all.

Unless the game support DirectInput joystick devices, you'd need to find a way to "convert" input from a DirectInput device to an XInput device.
A quick search engine query came up with this project.