Author Topic: How is the order amount calculated for free users?  (Read 3457 times)

Lawh

How is the order amount calculated for free users?
« on: January 08, 2024, 11:04:43 AM »
Hey!

I've made a few profiles for some games and was wondering how the amount of orders are calculated for free users? I have a licensed Steam version, but I would like to try to make some profiles accessible to free users if possible.

Do all the different voice commands from dynamic commands count as separate or single commands, and so on?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How is the order amount calculated for free users?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 11:19:10 AM »
Commands are counted, phrases are not. If you're not using plugin or inline functions that'd be the main restriction.

Do note that there is no "free" version. The demo version is intended for evaluation, and is not intended to be used perpetually.

You could install the website demo (which uses a different license to the Steam version and as such will remain in demo mode) for testing.

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 02:31:20 PM »
Hey!

I've made a few profiles for some games and was wondering how the amount of orders are calculated for free users? I have a licensed Steam version, but I would like to try to make some profiles accessible to free users if possible.

Do all the different voice commands from dynamic commands count as separate or single commands, and so on?

Your focus should only be on releasing public profiles for the fully licensed version of VoiceAttack.  As Pfeil noted, the demo is restricted for evaluation purposes so folks can see if this program and voice recognition in general works for them - users cannot import profiles or plugins into this demo version.

The vast base of users who download and use public offerings are those who own the VoiceAttack program already, those who attempt to use the limited demo indefinitely are an outlying exception of very few people not worth including in your target audience, as they will naturally become part of your target audience once they own VoiceAttack.

There are many thousands of users who own VoiceAttack out there, and only more likely in the hundreds of users currently trying the demo (and who will likely soon purchase it or stop using it).  Make your profiles for these users who already own VoiceAttack, and you'll see a larger amount of attention so long as your profiles are well designed and work as expected.  Profiles for games are very popular, obviously more so for popular games.
  :D

Lawh

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024, 04:41:29 PM »
Hey!

Your focus should only be on releasing public profiles for the fully licensed version of VoiceAttack.  As Pfeil noted, the demo is restricted for evaluation purposes so folks can see if this program and voice recognition in general works for them - users cannot import profiles or plugins into this demo version.

The vast base of users who download and use public offerings are those who own the VoiceAttack program already, those who attempt to use the limited demo indefinitely are an outlying exception of very few people not worth including in your target audience, as they will naturally become part of your target audience once they own VoiceAttack.

There are many thousands of users who own VoiceAttack out there, and only more likely in the hundreds of users currently trying the demo (and who will likely soon purchase it or stop using it).  Make your profiles for these users who already own VoiceAttack, and you'll see a larger amount of attention so long as your profiles are well designed and work as expected.  Profiles for games are very popular, obviously more so for popular games.
  :D

Gotcha. I had someone ask me about it, and was wondering how it works in general. If it was a difference between 25 commands and 20, I could have squeezed some profiles down in the future, possibly. But it is definitely worth the money to have all the accessibility to it, as well as unlimited commands.

Thanks for both the replies!