Author Topic: Using multiple microphones  (Read 2625 times)

JackoJ

Using multiple microphones
« on: December 23, 2023, 06:14:24 AM »
My original questions to Gary were:
I have just ordered a separate microphone.
I have been using a headset for the previous training.
However, as I also use VR for the flight simulation, I will soon have a
total of 3 microphones available.

In your manual you recommend performing a new voice recognition with new hardware.

Gary had explained to me what I had to do in the "Speech Properties".

However, the following questions remain:
- I need to create a new profile for each microphone I want to use, if I want it to be very precise?
- If I did not do this, my current profile would be overwritten with the new training files with the new microphone? Or will the old training files be retained?
- If I change the microphone, e.g. by taking off the headset and using the standalone microphone and vice versa, I have to go to the "Speech Properties" each time to change the setting?
If yes: Can this be automated?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Using multiple microphones
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 06:18:54 AM »
- I need to create a new profile for each microphone I want to use, if I want it to be very precise?
Correct.

- If I did not do this, my current profile would be overwritten with the new training files with the new microphone? Or will the old training files be retained?
The existing data would remain, but would be mixed in with the new data, thus creating a speech recognition profile that potentially isn't really suited to either (or any) microphone.

- If I change the microphone, e.g. by taking off the headset and using the standalone microphone and vice versa, I have to go to the "Speech Properties" each time to change the setting?
If yes: Can this be automated?
Yes, Exergist created a profile to do that.