Author Topic: Keyboard/Mouse Capture  (Read 1727 times)

Flyer

Keyboard/Mouse Capture
« on: November 28, 2023, 09:09:23 AM »
Hi,

I'm a senior, comfortable with computers, and just purchased the voice attack. I've been able to successfully configure a few commands — essentially to open Windows programs & apps etc using voice. However, I have not been able to configure commands using the 'keyboard and mouse capture option' — despite using the F9, F7 and F8 commands for starting and stopping the captures. I even see those commands registered in the window (see attached snapshot), yet nothing happens when I execute that command. Obviously, there's something that I'm not doing right, and will appreciate help getting me moving.

Just give me a cue opening up an app on Windows 10 — using keyboard and mouse, navigating to and clicking on the Start button, selecting an app, and clicking the left Mouse button to launch.

Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Keyboard/Mouse Capture
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 09:15:22 AM »
There don't appear to be any pauses in that command. The inputs are likely too short for the target application to register them.

When using the event recorder, in the majority of cases you'd want to make sure the "Record pauses between key/mouse events" option is enabled.

Though, starting applications can be done directly using the "Run an Application" action, without needing to rely on timing-sensitive GUI automation

Flyer

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 10:20:46 AM »
First, thanks for a superfast reply.

Indeed, the applications can be run using other options such as pointing to a program or a .bat file, and that is exactly what I had done so far with other apps. For this one, I was trying to practice getting a handle of it before proceeding to configuring something more complicated.

Please see the two attached snapshots with pauses enabled, though, with no success.

Flyer

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 10:21:50 AM »
Here is the other snapshot that did not get uploaded the first time

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 10:47:43 AM »
Does the mouse cursor not move at all, when you execute the command (assuming you've placed the mouse cursor in a location other than the one the command would move it to)?

From the actions you've shown, the command will just click multiple times (wherever the cursor happens to be at that moment), before finally moving the cursor to a specific location

Flyer

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023, 11:02:18 AM »
Progress! 😊

Yes, my fault, as I had not used f8 to record the mouse position. So, I did this again with f8, and it did move the mouse to the new locations.

A quick question. When recording the mouse clicks with F7, does the recorder differentiate between a single click and a double click, and record accordingly?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023, 11:07:27 AM »
The only difference from an input perspective between a single and a double click is the timing, so if you double-click while recording, it'll be a double-click when those actions are "replayed"

If you're referring to the "Consolidate down/up events into single key presses/mouse clicks" option, then no, multiple clicks will not be consolidated into double or triple click-configured mouse click actions.

Flyer

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2023, 12:07:20 PM »
Got it, and my sincere thanks for your time, troubleshooting and helping me achieve this.